TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Dizziness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Ginag

51 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2005 :  11:40:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hillary, After reading your post, please know that I feel the same emotions as you've described. I also find it uncomfortable writing about my anger toward my mother; but I really think I have reached the end of my rope with her. And if it takes confiding openly in this forum to achieve some kind of success, then that's is what I intend to do. Afterall, my parents ALWAYS stressed success to me. I remember when I was around 9 years old, we moved and I had to attend a new school. When my first report card came, I remember sobbing terribly and feeling like I let me parents down because I only got marks of 90 and 92, whereas in my previous school I always got 98 to 100. What pressure must have been exerted on me as a child to have reacted so pathetically. Yes, my parents wanted me to have the opportunities they never had, but the ensuing damage to me just wasn't worth it. I guess I can see the effect it had on me throughout my entire life. Pressure, pressure, pressure... Never feeling good enough.... Some more thoughts to ponder. Gina
Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
655 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2005 :  15:15:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! I've just read all of your posts from the past day and I think it's great that everyone is delving into their childhood bulls--- and bringing it to the forefront. Sometimes I feel like I have a bottomless pit to dig into and I'm sure it's the same with many of you.

Where to start. First of all, Hilary, thanks for the encouraging words. My level of fear has gone from a 10 to about a 2. I don't have the money for all the work I need done (replacing leaking fillings, a gum tissue graft, etc.) but I'm going for it and I'll take a loan out if I have to. Past experience tells me that now that I've dealt with this successfully I need to keep going, until the point that going to the dentist will be as stress free as taking a walk with my dog! And, yes, I've seen American wedding and I agree, it's hysterical. The only one I hadn't seen was the second one. You know what they say; laughter is the best medicine. Also, wanted to touch on your comments about anger and anxiety.

About 20 years ago, before I had children and just after moving across the country to California from Michigan, I began to experience panic attacks while driving to work. I remember feeling very homesick just prior to that (although I cannot imagine why as it was great to get away from my parents and their nastiness) and calling my mother collect to talk to her. I had no friends here yet and it was scary for me. One day I asked her for a recipe and she said "Stop calling me collect and asking me for recipes. Don't you know this costs money?" I was devastated but I stopped. I began drinking quite a bit and smoking and basically just destroying myself. My husband (then my fiance) and I nearly broke up. It was a terrible time for me. Eventually, I started getting panic attacks, the first one happening after taking some cold medication and drinking too much coffee. I ended up in an emergency room and thought I was dying.

I started seeing a psychiatrist to try and sort through everything. At that point in my life, my emotions were so repressed I had no idea yet that I had been molested and I didn't think much about my childhood and how painful it was. I remember the psychiatrist telling me "Anxiety is just anger to an extreme. It is anger turned inward." I couldn't wrap my brain around that either.

I will tell you that a doctor I once saw (he works primarily with people who have phobias) told me not to consume caffeine, alcohol, tobacco, sugar, fat, or salt. He felt those things contributed to the anxiety. I believe that you should have all those things in moderation, while at the same time getting to the bottom of your repressed emotions. When we do that, the anxiety is alleviated because it is brought to the forefront.

Carol - That was an amazing story and I thank you for sharing. Your dad sounds a lot like my grandfather, a real tyrant. My grandfather (coincidentally my mother's father) referred to my grandmother as "woman." He would say "Woman, get me my dinner." He called my mother "daughter" and my mother has told me that he never ONCE told her he loved her, except for one time, right before he died. (I guess that's part of what's hard; we are angry at our parents for how they treated us, and then we feel sorry for them at the same time for how THEIR parents treated them.) It was so interesting that your father developed the stomach problems and dizziness. (I'm sure Carolyn Myss would offer some explanation as to why those were his manifestations). Also, it's interesting what you said about never having believed there was a physical reason for the "dizzies" because I know that's part of the problem. When I read about the disembarkment syndrome I convinced myself that my vestibular system must be really screwed up. I mean, I get motion sickness from sleeping on a water bed. You, however, never believed there to be something wrong with your inner ear and your dizziness just went away because the gremlin could no longer get you there. For the rest of us, the gremlin has certainly manifested itself in our dizzy problem and that is our biggest challenge. Thank you again.

Gina - I'm always blown away at how much alike our mothers were and your story about getting the spanking could have just as easily taken place in my home so I can totally relate. I think I mentioned already that over the holidays, while visiting my family, my daughters witnessed my dad whacking my sweet little three year old nephew on the behind. They cannot imagine having a father like that and now they've been given a glimpse into my childhood. My father was not as screwed up as my mom but he comes in at a close second. He used to leave hand prints on my behind and legs from hitting me. They both beat us with a wooden spoon, belt, you name it. My mother never gave me the time of day, never listened to me, but he seriously destroyed any ego I had. He told me that I was dumb, "useless," clumsy, you name it. I remember tripping while walking down the stairs, and my mother laughing and saying "Nice play, ox." Their motto was "Children should be seen and not heard." I remember years ago, when I really nearly ended my relationship with them. I was reading a book called "Toxic Parents." I used my highlighter and went through the book highlighting all the things that pertained to them, which was most of the book. I wrote in my letter, "Read all about yourselves." In fact, it even talks about parents who use the phrase "Children should be seen and not heard."

What I find so amazing is that through all of this, those of us who have children become better mothers for it. We see what our parents did and we know the problems we've had and we bend over backwards to do the opposite.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for posting your stories here. It does help to compare notes and see the pattern amongst all of us. And Carol, your success at ridding yourself of dizziness is always encouragement for the rest of us.

By the way, Tom, good luck with your father. That has to be difficult for you.

Laura

Go to Top of Page

Hilary

United Kingdom
191 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2005 :  16:02:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Gina, thank you! Your post made me gasp because I recognize myself so much. I had to laugh (well, kinda) because I'm at college at the moment (postgrad in careers education) and recently received my first assignment back from the prof. I got 88%, and guess what my first thought was? A kind of depressed, "Why didn't I get higher?" I agree that the resulting damage from parents aspirations is NOT WORTH IT. Intense, unbearable pressure which I've clearly internalized to the nth degree. Hilary

quote:
Originally posted by Ginag

Hillary, After reading your post, please know that I feel the same emotions as you've described. I also find it uncomfortable writing about my anger toward my mother; but I really think I have reached the end of my rope with her. And if it takes confiding openly in this forum to achieve some kind of success, then that's is what I intend to do. Afterall, my parents ALWAYS stressed success to me. I remember when I was around 9 years old, we moved and I had to attend a new school. When my first report card came, I remember sobbing terribly and feeling like I let me parents down because I only got marks of 90 and 92, whereas in my previous school I always got 98 to 100. What pressure must have been exerted on me as a child to have reacted so pathetically. Yes, my parents wanted me to have the opportunities they never had, but the ensuing damage to me just wasn't worth it. I guess I can see the effect it had on me throughout my entire life. Pressure, pressure, pressure... Never feeling good enough.... Some more thoughts to ponder. Gina

Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
655 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2005 :  17:51:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One thing I forgot to mention in my previous posts (I was reminded after reading what was said about Catholisism) is that I committed the ultimate blow to my parents and they practically disowned me. My husband is Jewish and I was raised Methodist and, later, Presbyterian. I sang in the church choir, as an acholyte (lit the candles on the alter), and had a confirmation. When I first told my mother that I was dating a Jewish man she freaked. I remember she got me to bring him to church (big mistake) because she said maybe he could become a "Jew for Jesus" or as she said "a complete Jew." My husband wanted nothing to do with any of that.

Prior to our wedding, we decided that it would be best for us if we shared the same faith. We knew we wanted children and we didn't want them to be confused about it all. I loved my husband's family and I was in awe of the closeness they had. I knew of other Jewish families that had that same closeness. It was such a contrast to be with a family that didn't need to talk the talk but rather walked the walk. What I mean is, my parents went to church every week and screamed at me if I didn't go with them. They would purposely make noise at 6:00 in the morning to wake me up because my mother wanted me to go with them. They would gossip and talk badly about everyone, treat their kids like crap and think that because they were "good Christians" everything was okay.

When I was growing up we had one color television and it was in my parents' bedroom, not the "family" room. If you want to watch it, you had to lay on their bed and watch it. It was a strange situation. Our home had no air conditioning and was very hot so my mother had my father buy an air conditioning unit and put it in their window. To heck with the rest of us, as long as my mother the Queen was comfy. If we wanted to be cool at night, we had to lay on the floor (hard wood) or else sweat in our own rooms. In contrast, my husband's family had a big, cozy family room with a big color t.v. and they would all sit together, with a nice roaring fire, watching shows and having fun. I wanted to have that kind of a life so badly, that when it came time to choose who was going to change their faith I decided it had to be me. I WANTED to be Jewish. I wanted to be different from my freakish family.

When I converted, all hell broke loose. My parents practically disowned me. They wouldn't pay for our wedding and finally, in the end, sent me a mere $1,000 and said "That's all you get." Later, they admitted that this was my punishment because "after all, you abandoned us, your faith, and Michigan to move to California and become a Jew." I think the straw that broke the camel's preverbial back was when my husband and I were dating and my mother told me that it was sad that she wouldn't be seeing me in heaven some day when we both die. I asked "What do you mean?" to which she replied "If you become a Jew, you will go to hell right along with your husband." My mother clearly isn't playing with a full deck of cards.

Anyway, just thought I'd add that because I meant to mention the religion thing in my last post and forgot. I just have found in my experience that people who are narrow minded and have that one way thinking are really messed up in the head. There are many faiths in the world and I say to each his own. Religion is so personal and no one knows what goes on in another person's head. We can all believe in what we want, as long as we believe in something.

Thanks for listening. I'm really digging up all sorts of childhood stuff today!

Laura
Go to Top of Page

Carol

91 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2005 :  08:44:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that this is probably the most therapuetic string on this message board. I have never discussed my family or childhood with anyone except for my husband and sister, who shared it with me. I am amazed at some of the things that you have endured. I think that opening up on this emotionally "safe" forum is so wonderful. My back pain has improved since I started writing about my childhood, and it was sooooo many years ago.

Now I wonder about my own children. They are from a broken home - a subject I may address in the future. Now my youngest is contemplating breaking up her own marriage and I fear for the children. There is no abuse, alcohol, or infidelity in the home - just a lack of love between the parents. I wonder what they would say about their own childhood if they were on the forum. Guilt over my own parenting mistakes is something I also have to deal with before I am finished. I tried so hard not to pass the disfunction down to the next generation, but I did it anyway!

Carol
Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
655 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2005 :  09:59:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carol,

From the things you have written on this board, I can tell you sound like a very caring parent. Try not to be so hard on yourself (easier said than done for us TMS personalities). You also sound like a very loving and concerned grandparent. The goodist and perfectionist in you will probably always think you didn't do a "good enough" job. Try to fight it and think about all your strengths and all that you DO offer to your children and your grandchildren. From what I've read, I'd be proud to have a Mom like you!

Laura
Go to Top of Page

Hilary

United Kingdom
191 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2005 :  11:17:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Reading Laura's post. Good grief. I don't understand parents.

But then, I'm not a parent. I really wonder if I ever will be one. Sometimes I think I'd like to be; then I think about the crap that was pulled on me in the name of love. I just can't bear the thought of doing that to someone else.

At the same time, I think that self-awareness goes a really, really long way towards good parenting.

I'm currently reading John Lee's "Facing the Fire" which i think is an incredible book. He addresses the issues of children and parenting very well, I think (from the POV of one who has only been parented, not a paren, of course). It's the first book I've ever read that deals specifically with ways to release anger and seems to me completely groundbreaking. Painful to read, but deeply moving and actionable.

My dizziness has been bad today. Why? I ask myself. Well, a friend from the States is staying with me. I met her in a spiritually-oriented workshop I did last year. She is 20 and full of expressions like, "The universe will provide", "everything is turning out perfectly" and "I'm always so full of joy";

If she says, "Life's such a beautiful thing" or, "You just need to get in touch with your Higher Power" once more, I WILL SCREAM.

You know what enrages me? People talking at me hour after hour after hour. I feel utterly impotent with rage, and I don't know what to do about it, except remove myself physically from the situation. I end up feeling like an empty vessel for the other person to spew up in. And I just find it almost unbearably self-centred and dismissive of me. AND, I'm probably more than a little jealous. I wish I could take advantage of someone else in that way, but I'm always way too bloody worried I'm gonna bore the pants off people.

This sort of situation always raises MAJOR issues for me. Still figuring out why.
Go to Top of Page

Ginag

51 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2005 :  15:35:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ladies, With reference to the kind of parents we've all made, I try to remember that I did the best I could. I know I didn't make the same mistakes my parents made - but no doubt, I made some doozies of my own. What I do know is that my 2 sons truly love me and that's all I could ever hope for. I've warned them to shoot me if I ever act like my mother. I try to be understanding in a way that my parents never were; and I must have done OK because they do sympathize with all I continue to endure with my mother. They even offer to take her off my hands for a few days every so often. But I really feel guilty saddling her with either one of them. The last time she stayed with my older son, (Her favorite which she doesn't even attempt to hide,) she stole 3 pieces of his silverware. When she came back home, I found them in her bag, accused her of taking them from my son. She proceeded to grab at them, and nastily told me they weren't his. Needless to say, I gave them back to my son. He laughed about the whole thing, but I was banging into walls with dizziness for the whole week to follow!! The ironic part about this is she's the kleptomaniac but is forever accusing us of taking her belongings. When she can't find something, the yelling, cursing and banging begin. At 82 years old, I'm sure dementia has only compounded her miserable personality. And I always thought she couldn't get any worse!!!! Yeah, RIGHT!!! Gina
Go to Top of Page

Ginag

51 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2005 :  15:42:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Hillary, If I had to endure someone preaching to me in that manner, I would "flip out." I'm not saying it's good to whine and worry about every little thing, but that attitude is wishful thinking and living in lala land. I think people like that have their own set of problems. At least we're trying to deal in a constructive manner. For your sake, I hope she isn't visiting with you too long. In the meantime, maybe you shouldn't even get into any heavy discussions with her. Good Luck!!! Gina
Go to Top of Page

Ginag

51 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2005 :  15:53:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Carol, I agree with you. I sincerely think opening up and discussing our parents in this forum is good for us. Sure our husbands and children may have heard it all, but confiding in this manner to each other is like committing a taboo. It's so much more revealing of our inner emotions. And isn't that what it's all about? I think we are encouraging each other to open up about things we haven't thought about for many years. Just by writing about these emotional occurrences releases the anger and emotion, brings it to the surface, and that is good. If one of us has a bad day, maybe it will be therapeutic for us. I know I felt a little better today than usual - and that's rare for me. So, girls, let's keep this thing of ours going.....
Gina
Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
655 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2005 :  11:46:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, everyone -

Yesterday I was cleaning house all day and thinking long and hard about some current issues that are aggravating me and stirring up my dizziness. My husband and I have been feuding for two days and I'm ending my relationhip with my best friend (if you haven't already read my post entitled "Am I going crazy?)

Usually when I clean house there are certain chores that I do that seem to bring on the dizziness more than ever. Yesterday, when this would happen I would think about what it was I was thinking about just at that moment. I actually laughed out loud because I realized that when I am cleaning, my mind is racing a mile a minute thinking about all sorts of things. Things like, will I get done in time to get dinner made or how much I hate cleaning and wish I had the money to hire someone, etc. I realized this a long time ago, i.e. that my thoughts provoke the dizzy feeling. But yesterday, I actually laughed out loud about it for the first time and I truly saw a direct correlation. Like, why would cleaning a bathtub make you dizzy? Because it's happened before and I expect it to happen again.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that with you all. My head is much clearer today as far as my situation with my ex-friend. Now I just need to work on building my relationship with my husband. All the feuding has left me feeling like we need to make some changes.

Hope you are all enjoying a dizzy free day. Keep on posting and getting those feelings out. It is the key to all of our well being.

Laura
Go to Top of Page

Hilary

United Kingdom
191 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2005 :  16:09:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Gina, for your response. I'm glad the weekend's over. I've been "crazy dizzy". I also saw my parents. I can't tell you how confused I get around them. I feel as if they went wrong, badly wrong, in the way they raised me, but of course I'm not going to say that. I just resent the hell out of them for what they did. The deeper I go into this, the more I realize that they moulded me into a shape of their choosing which wasn't of my choosing at all. Very early on I figured out what I had to do to get attention: be good, cute, obedient, try to make up for the fact that mum's childhood was horrible, excel in everything, don't compete, don't show off, don't talk about myself, be grateful. If I was interested in something outside the prescribed list, it was completely ignored. And I completely lost me along the way. This makes me sadder (and, yeah, angrier) than I can bear, at times. At 37 I'm only just starting to figure out what I like and don't like.

I'm going to see a new therapist on Thursday. Feel like I need the help.
Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
655 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2005 :  23:48:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hilary,

Your last post made me so sad, realizing that we are all suffering from the same problem with what appears to stem from the same root. I'm trying to keep my parents at arms length right now. I had just about enough of them over the holidays. But then, my parents live in Michigan (we all met in Texas at my sister's) and I only see them about once a year. Yours must live close by. I sympathize with you and Gina and the others that have to deal with the bulls--- all the time. I would lose my mind!!!!

Just remember you're not alone and that many of the rest of us have gone through similar situations. When I was growing up I wanted to be a model. Lots of people told me I could make it as a model and I loved the whole fashion world. I had pictures all over my walls of all my favorite models and I would dream about one day becoming one. My mom always told me "You shouldn't even bother trying. You just aren't pretty enough." My 12 year old daughter wants to be a model and I totally support her. She is so pretty and I tell her so all the time. I think when we let our parents live out their dreams through us and we stop trying to do what we truly want, a part of us dies that we never really fully recover from. You had to do what your parents told you, when they told you, and were not free to have thoughts and opinions of your own. I know. I lived it too.

The great news is that now, as adults, we can try to find something that's ours and we can do what we want to do. I try not to tell my parents much of anything that I do because I don't want to hear their insults. I'm a photographer, specializing in hand tinted portraits, mainly children and babies. I love what I do and apparently so do my customers because I get a lot of work. My parents have NEVER had a kind word to say to me about any portraits I've shown them. Not once have they said anything for that matter. My husband's mother, in contrast, has nothing but praise for me and makes up for what my own mother lacks. Sometimes we get what we need from everyone other than our parents, it's sad.

I hope this finds you feeling less dizzy. My husband, who doesn't really suffer from vertigo or dizziness per se, tells me that being around certain people with "weird energy" makes him feel "off balance." He says it happens to him occasionally with some people. For you, your mother is one of those people. Try and limit your time with her if you have to. I know it's easier said than done!

Laura
Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
655 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2005 :  22:34:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, all my fellow dizzy TMSers. How is everyone doing today? Gina, I read your post on the other thread and I laughed. It only makes sense we would marry the same type of husband (I've always said I married my mom, some of her personality traits at least). Hope this finds you well and in the spin free zone.

Hi to Hilary and Carol as well. Hope you are doing well. I'm having a heck of a time with this friend/bar mitzvah problem. My TMS gremlin is off and running, having a party throughout my entire body. My nose is stuffed up, my head is spinning, my eye is red and sore, and the weird mouth problem is quite bothersome. I'm longing to sit back and relax and not have a care in the world. Instead, I'm worrying like crazy about my husband's new job and lack of money coming in, and I'm dreading it every time the phone rings because this friend isn't letting up. She even had her son, the 13 year old bar mitzvah one, call me.

Calgon, take me away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura
Go to Top of Page

Ginag

51 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2005 :  09:44:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Laura - I was surprised to hear your "friend" had her son call you. Maybe she cares more about you than you think???? Sometimes we view things too negatively and cause ourselves more pain than necessary. I know I do that frequently. Parental Conditioning, you know... Screws up all our relationships. Laura, when is your birthday?? You wouldn't happen to be a Scorpio??? If you say yes - I'll flip!!!! We have so many things in common, I just had to ask. By the way, I'm married to a Sagittarius and my mother is a Libra. Lately, I've been attempting to practice my husband's attitude about life--no sense in worrying about something if you can't change it. So I will say to you, your husband has every chance to succeed in his new venture, so look at the positive side of things and try to believe everything will work out. It's just as easy to anticipate good as bad - it just depends on where you allow your mind to go. I'm a real worrier. Lately, when I'm worried about something, I ask myself -- will this matter to me a month from now. In some instances, it kind of puts things in the proper perspective and helps eliminate some of the worry. I know I suffer much more imbalance and dizziness when I'm worried to the extreme. Gina
Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
655 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2005 :  12:26:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gina,

I just responded also on the "Am I going crazy? thread so please read it when you have a moment. It addresses what you asked about whether or not maybe my upbringing it making me think negatively and that maybe she cares more than I think. Doubtful. If I had not sent that little RSVP card back, who knows how much longer until I would have heard from her. It's just plain weird, and even weirder to set her son up to calling me.

No, I'm not a Scorpio. I'm a Gemini. My husband and oldest daughter are Libras, very balanced and calm (usually). My youngest daughter and are were born two days apart, so we are both Geminis and are very much alike. In fact, she is me as a child and she has so many of my mannerisms, it's scary!!!

I will say that although my husband is more balanced and calm most of the time, and although he was raised with a very loving mother in a very loving, nurturing home, I am finding that 99% of the time lately it is ME who is trying to calm him down. My daily advice to him, my mantra if you will, is "Everything will work out the way it should." I truly believe that. He is thinking so negatively lately that it's hard to try to be the strong one day after day, for months and months on end. When he was in his old job, all I heard about was how they were screwing with him and weren't treating him right. He kept telling me he was going to make so much money at this new job and I encouraged him for the longest time (years and years) to get out. Part of me feels guilt over this, because now he's in the new job, working his butt off, and not making any money. We have bills to pay, and no money to pay them. That would stress anyone out. His boss told him yesterday that he sounds "desperate" while he's talking to potential loan customers. Of course he sounds desperate; he is desperate!!! Anyway, I'm trying to be strong and continue to give him daily encouragement, but sometimes it's like the same song playing over and over and you start to get a bit tired of hearing it. I told him this morning, before he left for work, "Be confident. You're the best loan officer in the world." I'm trying my best to continue to be his number one cheerleader but sometimes I get really frustrated. I just want him to succeed. He's always been so strong and I need him to be strong now so that I can be vulnerable.

Well, I'm off to get some cold medicine and a new printer cartrige (although I'm not sure how I'm paying for them yet!). Thanks for your post, Gina!

Laura
Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
655 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2005 :  09:26:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, everyone -

Want to not be dizzy for a whole day? I've got the answer. Get a cold!!!! Yesterday, I was so fixated on: Sneezing 8,000 times, wondering if it's going in my chest and I'll be coughing forever, my raw, painful nose which is sore from blowing it, and if I'll be well enough by Saturday night to keep the plans I made with friends. It's interesting how you get one thing and you forget about another. Now, if I can only make this last... I'll take the cold over the dizziness any day!

Laura
Go to Top of Page

Kajsa

Denmark
144 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2005 :  08:35:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Laura

Make the knowledge last! (not the cold...)
You made a really good observation.
The knowledge that one symptoms can "do the job" as well as
the other. The job to distract you.
I am sure you have been aware of this before (of course) but it can be good to really
have it presented to you in an obvious way.
I myself go betwen pain and fatigue.
Do noy know wich one I hate or love the most.
As for prefering the cold I do not belive you! But you always will
prefer the symptoms that you really havn´t SUFFERED from for a LONG and devestating time.
The cold isn´ scarry for you -the way the dizziness are. But if you
had been having a cold on and of for five years with fever and all the rest and it made your life a hell,you would perhaps have wellcomed som dizziness.

Kajsa
Go to Top of Page

Hilary

United Kingdom
191 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2005 :  11:49:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a really, really good point, Kajsa, and an excellent way to think about symptoms. Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by Kajsa

I myself go betwen pain and fatigue.
Do noy know wich one I hate or love the most.
As for prefering the cold I do not belive you! But you always will
prefer the symptoms that you really havn´t SUFFERED from for a LONG and devestating time.
The cold isn´ scarry for you -the way the dizziness are. But if you
had been having a cold on and of for five years with fever and all the rest and it made your life a hell,you would perhaps have wellcomed som dizziness.

Kajsa

Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
655 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2005 :  19:22:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kajsa,

Boy, did you get that one right!!! Thanks.

Hilary, Gina, Anne, Carol, Elise, and anyone else I might have forgotten,

Hope this post finds you all in "The NO SPIN ZONE." It's been a little quiet on this thread. How is everyone doing this week?

Laura
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000