TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 doing well, thanks Kajsa
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

menvert

Australia
133 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2005 :  02:34:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hiya Kajsa,
Rather than hijack the 'Introduction & thanks for having me' thread, i'll make one.

yes im doing quite well.
I have begun to work(University IT call centre/helpdesk) and despite throwing up plenty of simptoms its going very well.
Its so very unusual being at work 5 days a week :) (1/2 days, i think ill never want to do full time again, I'm just a very high strong person)

Basically I'm at the point now where to make the next step . I can only do it if I'm working... (ie , having enough stimulation to throw up the challenges) TMS is having great fun moving around.

On the weekend, I actually played backyard cricket, and didn't hold back whatsoever . it was great fun. The next day I was in so much pain that I could barely sit down or stand up. BUT it was the wonderful positive pain, you get whenever an ordinary body exercises.

At this point, I more or less having the most difficulty reprogramming and avoiding the fear cycle.

I am still having a lot of pain to work through, as a result of my pressures on my life at the moment. But they're starting to level out now, as I've not been giving them enough notice/power physically.

I think getting a proper handle on the concept of unconscious is important to me right now.

Work does throw up a lot of issues, social anxiety, assertiveness(or lack thereof), being a goodist meaning i work too hard, and particularly for me dealing with monotony... doing the same task really infuriates me and causes symptoms. Especially infuriating, because my conscious brain says this is an expected part of almost any job... some things are not fun.

So hows things with you?, I've kind of only been skimming the site every now and then.

Kajsa

Denmark
144 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2005 :  10:28:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Menvert!
I have a busy time right now but I will soon write back to you
- I see myself a lot in what you write.
I think you are doing great. Despite the problems I think that going to a work is crucial -because it is a very firm message to your body that you are able to live a "normal life".

Kajsa
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000