TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Work situation is a lot like the whiplash study
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tmsjptc

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  17:34:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In Mind-Body Prescription, Dr. Sarno references a 1996 whiplash study comparing Norway and Lithiuania. Thousands of cases in Norway and not a single one in Lithiuania.

My company has a very high lost production day rate due to people being out for injuries and recovery time. I've listened to the case files and see TMS written on a lot of them. We are trying to fix the problem because it costs us a lot of money. But, the team working the solutions is focused on other things and don't want to hear what I have to say. Of course, none of them are experiencing TMS so it sounds ridiculous to them. They think these people getting injuries must be faking it.

Anybody else see same type of stuff happening in their workplace? How did you combat the ignorance? Part of me really wants to help but part of me gets upset that I cannot fix it and people don't listen.

jaya

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  10:13:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
let sarno promote his tms theory.. let it work, 4 you

Edited by - jaya on 12/16/2011 10:14:10
Go to Top of Page

Bugbear

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  10:52:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have enough of an uphill struggle fixing ourselves, never mind others. If people don't want to hear, they won't listen. I know what you mean about people at work. I spoke with a colleague about TMS and she really did listen, knowing that some of her own symptoms were brought on by psychological causes. I lent this colleague one of my Sarno books. She handed it back to me after a short while and said she wasn't in the right place to read it just then.

You have to be ready to make some major changes in your thought processes. If someone clearly isn't ready, there is nothing you can do apart from look after yourself to ensure your own success.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000