TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Work situation is a lot like the whiplash study

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tmsjptc Posted - 12/15/2011 : 17:34:12
In Mind-Body Prescription, Dr. Sarno references a 1996 whiplash study comparing Norway and Lithiuania. Thousands of cases in Norway and not a single one in Lithiuania.

My company has a very high lost production day rate due to people being out for injuries and recovery time. I've listened to the case files and see TMS written on a lot of them. We are trying to fix the problem because it costs us a lot of money. But, the team working the solutions is focused on other things and don't want to hear what I have to say. Of course, none of them are experiencing TMS so it sounds ridiculous to them. They think these people getting injuries must be faking it.

Anybody else see same type of stuff happening in their workplace? How did you combat the ignorance? Part of me really wants to help but part of me gets upset that I cannot fix it and people don't listen.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bugbear Posted - 12/16/2011 : 10:52:35
We have enough of an uphill struggle fixing ourselves, never mind others. If people don't want to hear, they won't listen. I know what you mean about people at work. I spoke with a colleague about TMS and she really did listen, knowing that some of her own symptoms were brought on by psychological causes. I lent this colleague one of my Sarno books. She handed it back to me after a short while and said she wasn't in the right place to read it just then.

You have to be ready to make some major changes in your thought processes. If someone clearly isn't ready, there is nothing you can do apart from look after yourself to ensure your own success.
jaya Posted - 12/16/2011 : 10:13:26
let sarno promote his tms theory.. let it work, 4 you

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000