TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 The 30- Minute UTI Cure
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Back2-It

USA
438 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2011 :  06:19:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A friend was telling me of her associate at work who developed a urinary tract infection after having strange pains "down there". Prior to the UTI, she had had an MRI and an ultra-sound. She was blaming the MRI and the contrasting barium for the residual pains and then the infection.

All her tests showed nothing and no reason for the lingering pain and UTI. Her doctor, in fact, called her on Friday and said he was "stumped". There was nothing in the scans, nothing in the cultures and nothing in the blood. This woman then broke down and cried and stayed in bed the entire weekend. She actually wanted to kill herself because there was no cause for her pain. My friend says that her work associate has had a history of "strange" illnesses. Hmmmm....

Anyway, after not dying over the weekend, she went to the local CVS and got something over the counter and figured, "Why not?" Especially if she was a goner.

In thirty minutes her symptoms and pain were gone.

The power of the placebo.

When I suggested this to my friend (with instructions NOT to even suggest a placebo cure to her work associate), she had her doubts.

I didn't.

I bet my friend that this vanquished symptom would be replaced with another in the space of a few weeks or a month or so, based on the woman's history.

I can taste my favorite beer now.

The unfortunate part is, that lay people and doctors (most) have no insight this far into the 21st Century as to what emotions can cause in the body. Eventually, this woman will probably get scarier and more painful symptoms (I know her personal history) and she will end up on some forum --if she is lucky-- like this.

Or not.

"Bridges Freeze Before Roads"

Edited by - Back2-It on 12/13/2011 06:22:10

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2011 :  09:39:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Back2-It

The unfortunate part is, that lay people and doctors (most) have no insight this far into the 21st Century as to what emotions can cause in the body.

Most unfortunate! But we have the good fortune to live in a "culture" with more money then brains. If Dr. Sarno were named the Surgeon General by the President and could spread the word from the bully pulpit, medical costs would be a fraction of what they are today and our whole society would be turned on it's head. But the medical/industrial complex would take a devastating blow to it's income with all the snake-oyls collecting dust on Walgreen's and Costco's shelves, and late night infomercial TV would only have Ginsus and Pocket Fishermen to hawk.

The new health-care paradigm would be a REAL diagnosis to eliminate true structural conditions, with most folks leaving doctor's offices with RX'ed a copy of Sarno, with follow-up group lectures/therapy sessions, similar in structure to comedy driving school classes.
Go to Top of Page

ozagnes

Australia
23 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  23:40:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This woman most certainly had TMS in the form of Vulvodynia...or Interstitial Cystitis...or whatever they want to call it.
I have it myself.
She's lucky to have a placebo, because I too had an infection that cleared but the pain remained, and then I was diagnosed with vulvodynia and it all went down hill. Fantastic nocebo, as I started to develop ALL the worse symptoms the diagnostic had to offer.
2 surgeries, countless injections (needles down there, it's like torture!), PT and all the medical battle plan later, I finally found out about TMS.
pfiooo!
Go to Top of Page

Back2-It

USA
438 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  06:15:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ozagnes

This woman most certainly had TMS in the form of Vulvodynia...or Interstitial Cystitis...or whatever they want to call it.
I have it myself.
She's lucky to have a placebo, because I too had an infection that cleared but the pain remained, and then I was diagnosed with vulvodynia and it all went down hill. Fantastic nocebo, as I started to develop ALL the worse symptoms the diagnostic had to offer.
2 surgeries, countless injections (needles down there, it's like torture!), PT and all the medical battle plan later, I finally found out about TMS.
pfiooo!

I'm sorry you had to go through all that, but I too know that powerful nocebos can be planted in the mind. My problem was proved by
and MRI. I strongly, strongly urge anybody new who might be reading this never to have an MRI if they are having back pain but have never been involved in a horrific crash or trauma and are not likely to be suffering from a tumor, which is extremely rare. Stay away from them. One doctor was honest: he said if we keep looking we'll find something -- and he meant something unrelated to my pain syndrome, a spot, a cyst or something.

Ozagnes, I hope you are doing better now.

This is not the first symptom that this woman has had. She was having gastritis problems awhile ago and then heart palpitations until she took some benadryl. The benadryl no doubt acting as a sedative of sorts. Her symptoms seem to be increasing in severity and the "cures" harder and harder to find. In this case the CVS thing she drank was some concentration of cranberry juice. Poof! In 30 minutes the "bacteria" is gone, the "disease" that was causing the lingering pain gone. Amazing! I see her in me. Someday she will come up against the "Big One", as Red Foxx used to say, and then the problems....

Maybe her issues will resolve (relationship-living related) and she will not get "sick" anymore. Hopefully.

"Bridges Freeze Before Roads"
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  09:29:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Back2-It

One doctor was honest: he said if we keep looking we'll find something --

x's a million
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic