TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Can tooth & gum pain be TMS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

shannclapp

62 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2011 :  13:38:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is exactly what is going on, same pattern new day. Last night after all these posts I felt like i had the answer I just had to do it, Then I started rubbing trigger points in my mouth and neck, went to bed thinking that was the answer, woke up today googling about that, then thought no maybe it is my sinuses, then kept searching all morning. Now back at square one in more pain & much more upset. I guess the solution lies in commiting to only one answer, tms.
Thanks for your words, they have been helpful!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

shannclapp

62 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2011 :  13:41:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One last thing any book you suggest other than MB and divided mind, I have read them both.
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2011 :  16:18:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shannclapp

That is exactly what is going on, same pattern new day. Last night after all these posts I felt like i had the answer I just had to do it, Then I started rubbing trigger points in my mouth and neck, went to bed thinking that was the answer, woke up today googling about that, then thought no maybe it is my sinuses, then kept searching all morning. Now back at square one in more pain & much more upset. I guess the solution lies in commiting to only one answer, tms.
Thanks for your words, they have been helpful!!!!!

That's nice to know, but they'll only be helpful if you help yourself. What you did this morning is all counterproductive and will only keep you trapped in a thicket of fear, worry, and pain.

Reading is helpful. The more you read books that address TMS, the better it will be. My favorite is Healing Back Pain.

I've been down your road. Many of us have. It's no way to live. As long as you continue to think physically instead of psychologically, you'll be stuck in the same old place.
Go to Top of Page

susan828

USA
291 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2011 :  19:57:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shann, you might look up Howard Schubiner's book. He has some videos online too. The book was really not expensive and it's the same program that he uses with patients. I am just at the beginning but I find I can relate better to his writings than Sarno. Everyone is different. I like the idea of using the workbook and writing every day, he gives assignments and the reviews are so good, he seems to have helped a lot of people. The book comes with a CD also. Look it up...may also be on Amazon, I forget...may be worth your trying it.
Go to Top of Page

susan828

USA
291 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2011 :  19:58:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I forgot to give the title (even though it would come up with just his name) but the title is Unlearn Your Pain and the reviews are on Amazon. Check them out.
Go to Top of Page

LIlith

13 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2011 :  13:58:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not exactly TMS, but stress can cause you to clench and/or grind your teeth at night, which will definitely cause tooth and gum pain. I know...I've been there. Meditating daily and cutting out caffeine solved the problem for me.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000