TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 New Day New Start
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shannclapp

62 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2011 :  07:49:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe if I write it out in the open I will be more accountable LOL. So today is a new day, I will not google any symptoms, I will keep as busy as I can, I will try my best not to let fear win, although fear is definalty strong today.
Any encouraging words, tips are appreciated!!!
Thanks

shannclapp

62 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2011 :  08:13:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe any tips on how to function and ignore my fear of my pain?
Go to Top of Page

healingback

United Kingdom
134 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2011 :  09:16:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im no way a tms pro but the way im doing it us just to remind myself that its not structural.. there isn't anything physically wrong, so therefore im not going to do any damage to myself. I like to challenge the pain, if it comes up when I'm walking I just carry on, I try not to give into it. If you truely believe its totally caused by your emotions then technically fear is only a word that your putting the up against moving forward.

This to shall pass....
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2011 :  12:28:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I applaud your resolution. I especially like your word choice "accountable."
This is exactly right.

Just to remind you, fear is an emotion, not a thought. Emotions by definition requires the cooperation of the body. It's well nigh impossible to feel fear without the accompanying physical responses such as increased heart rate, shallow breathing, tense muscles.

Don't ignore your fear. Rather starve it by refusing, in a bodily sense, to allow it.
Every time you feel the fear begin, focus on your breath. Nice, deep, even breaths. Relax your muscles, especially your gut. I find it absolutely impossible to feel fear when my stomach muscles are relaxed...

On the cognitive front, do not ruminate. Simply say to yourself, "STOP"...and move on to your breath. If you stick with this I virtually guarantee results in a matter of days.
Go to Top of Page

shannclapp

62 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2011 :  13:17:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks great advice. Like you said I am the only one who can help myself. Isearch the boards, dr anyone for answers but I am the only one. Little pressure HAHA
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000