TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Pain free for life
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Darko

Australia
387 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2011 :  18:15:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,
there is a book called Pain Free For Life by Scott Brady which is very good. It's been mentioned before but I just wanted to remind people about it as I have really got a great deal from it.

Those of you who read my posts would know that I have mentioned "faith" several times. That can mean anything....be it spiritual, religious or just knowing that things work out ok in the end. I have found faith to be extremely important to having any hope of symptom free living.

We all battle with stress, anxiety, what if's, fear and whatever else....and most of us agree these feeling are a major contributor to the TMS condition ( of course TMS is different for each of us ). Well would you have these feelings if you just knew that there was something out there that had your back?

What if you feared nothing in your life and just understood that everything would work out ok, and you could handle it? How much better would you feel? How much less tension would there be in your body if you knew that now matter what situation you're in you have an "edge"?!

Scott Brady talks about spirituality as a major part of the healing process and I can see that he is right.

Speaking from my own experience and from what I have observed I can see that most of us are on our own, we feel that we have to handle everything ourselves.

I thought this way for many years and it was very stressful and I ultimately ended up very depressed and sore.

If you're still struggling.......well....you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by exploring this!

D

From the book:

"you probably won't be considered spiritually healthy unless your faith gives you a pervasive and predominant sense of

- hope instead of fear
- love instead on condemnation
- inner peace instead of anxiety
- comfort instead of inner turmoil
- connection with God instead of isolation and loneliness
- meaning in life instead of meaningless
- assurance about your life instead of doubt and uncertainty"

Edited by - Darko on 04/19/2011 18:24:26

susan828

USA
291 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2011 :  19:02:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just read the Amazon reviews which were great but a few people said to read Sarno first and a few said that this author gives more practical tips. It also says which other books people bought (who also bought this one) and I have all of them. We never know what sentence might jump out at us, what part will resonate with us, so any suggestion here is great. Thanks, Darko, sounds good.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000