TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Family Holiday Drama
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

h2oskier25

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  12:41:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tennis tom

In all honesty Karen, like Dr. Sarno qualifies his patients, I qulaify who I will dialog with on this board. When you first came on the board, I put a lot of time and effort, as well as others did, into being sincwerely helpful to you.

Boy I really relate to this statement. I remember countless phone conversations with you, Karen, where I couldn't get you to stop focusing on the physical. I agree with Tom that it got really frustrating.

Art, can't believe that just because tt mentions himself and Sarno in the same sentence, you feel that's egotistical. Come on. You really seem to want to jump on tt at every turn. (I'm purposely not capitalizing his initials, for fear of feeding his ego )

NOT THAT I'M COMPLAINING. I think it would be helpful if we all broke up into two's and the pairs fought with each other. What a great release for our repressed anger.

I'll take that guy KevinT. He always seemed really off base to me. Let the games begin!

Seriously, best wishes to all of you for the new year, especially my buddies, Karen, tt and Art, and to my heroes; Alexis and Wavysoul.

Beth
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  16:05:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi h20,

Thanks for the much needed support now that the board is drifting from education to support. Being called egotistical, I viewed as a complement. People with TMS need all the ego they can muster.

Your idea of TMS brawls is a good one. We could go to the WWF and see if they would be interested in it. We could have TMS tag-teams.
TMS doctors could referee. But no physical first-aid treatments would be allowed accept for compound fractures.

I'm thinking about writing a TMS musical. Too bad Anne Bancroft passed away, she was a recovered patient of Dr. Sarno. She would have played the part of Mrs. Sarno, Mel Brooks will be the Good Doctor and Howard Stern and Rosie O'Donnell will play themselves. I think Clint Eastwood would be appropriate to play little ME.

Nice to hear from you h2o and thanks for throwing me the life-saver.

Happy New Year,
tt
from Emporia, Kansas

Edited by - tennis tom on 01/03/2007 20:38:52
Go to Top of Page

kovsi23

Croatia
8 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  17:59:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karen i understad you too well, imagine having most supportive, closest, friendly parent and have your schizophrenic brother turn her or as you say poison her against you and then imagine what kind of anger i m sorry rage you have to deal with against your brother or even her, i know you dont have to imagine the rage unfortunately.

His doctor told us, either control him or he will f*uck up the whole familly and that just happened. Sorry for bad word but couldnt find a nicer one.

Edited by - kovsi23 on 01/03/2007 18:01:28
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  06:36:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kovsi23,
I am so sorry to hear about what you are dealing with in your family, sounds horrible..It is very challenging for us TMSers to not allow (especially family) to add to our reservoir of inner rage..FOr me this is a day to day challenge..I keep telling myself not to take it personally, that it is her 'stuff' not mine..Sometimes it works, other times it does not..

RIght now I am dealing with another sort of stress that is overriding the sister stress..I have been in NYC singing and living with my boyfriend for 4 months now..I have to return to Vegas for awhile where my dogs, paintings and most of my belongings have been..My boyfriend and I have become very bonded through sharing such deep things as our music, art, etc..We are in love and dreading having to separate for awhile..We also have a band that will have to be put on hold until I return..We are both struggling with this whole separation, although it is more then necessary..

My roomie, who is the brother I always wanted, happily has been taking care of my doggies and my affairs in LV..He is an incredible person and friend..My dogs consider him their dad so they have been in the best hands..However, I have had recurring nightmares about how much I miss them and how guilty I feel for leaving them for this time..

THe biggest catch 22 I am in is that my boyfriend is highly allergic to dogs..He has one more treatment to try so I am praying it works..Very complicated situation all around..Not to mention, I need to raise the money via my singing or selling my art to relocate myself, my 2 dogs and 40 paintings across the country..A huge and stressful move, indeed..So now, I feel as if I am living in two places, living two different lives like a split apart..And this is causing me all kinds of emotional turmoil..I could go on but had no intention of even talking about this now..Guess I needed to.

I hope your situation somehow heals..You will be in my prayers..And, btw..I see you are in Croatia..I am 100 percent Czechslovakian..second generation..Love Europe, best place on Earth!
Hugs and God bless,
Karen

Edited by - Singer_Artist on 01/04/2007 06:40:08
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  07:12:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Karen, I'm wondering since you are in NYC, have you tried seeing Dr. Sarno?
Go to Top of Page

alexis

USA
596 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  07:26:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karen, Did you once say your roommate is willing to take the dogs? If you ask how they were without you, make sure you ask him to tell you the whole truth. I don't mean that he would lie for any bad reasons, but often people want to hear at some level that when they were gone the dogs were pining away for them when in fact they were quite happy. And people may tell you such a story thinking you want to hear it.

I know that my family has been known to exagerate how much my dogs missed me. Actually, I've been quielty told that my dogs were completely normal and showed no signs of missing me at all, after other family members told me stories (they thought I wanted to hear, I'm sure) of sad little puppies missing me. Dogs are quite flexible creatures, usually (I have known a few stark exceptions) and may well be very happy with what sounds like a very good person.

I've given up a dog once for a different reason--one I loved very much--and I think her home is now maybe even happier than what she had with me. And she was very happy with me.

Edited by - alexis on 01/04/2007 08:18:52
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  09:50:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tom,
I have wanted to see him desperately, but unfortunately he is 1000 dollars..We are doing gigs but I have been barely staying afloat with basic bills, living expenses here..Things are Alot more expensive then out West..When I can afford to, I would love to see him..I had thought of seeing the doctor in Piscataway, NJ who is partially covered under my insurance but I have held off..Thanx for asking..BTW, did you move from No. Cal. to Kansas?

Thanx ALexis,
That is something to think about for sure..I do know, however, that he is telling it like it is..WHen I first left they weren't eating normally and my basset has been on and off peeing in this house ever since I left 4 months ago..I believe my Border Collie/Beagle mix has adjusted well after the first couple of weeks..but Peezly aka Jody (my basset) and I are ridiculously bonded..WHen he goes away and I am alone with them she eats fine, never pees in the house, etc..But when I leave it's another story..She doesn't seem to fully recover from my absense until I return..THis has happened other times when I had to go away for either a singing job or visiting family here for the holidays..SHe is safe and happy w/ my roomie/bro and my other doggie but she is not herself..doesn't play as much either..If anything he would downplay a bit how sad she might be because I begged him to do so for my sanity..I spoke to my vet too and he said Jody is an exception and an especially sensitive and intelligent dog..I miss her so terribly and cannot wait to be with her again..I just need some sort of miraculous solution for all involved..
Take care,
Karen
Go to Top of Page

alexis

USA
596 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  15:03:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poor little Jody! Good luck with the shots or whatever other miracle solution you can come up with. I knew one dog who wouldn't eat at all away from his owner. The guy had to pull amazing stings to get him into the UK with him under the old strict quarantine laws.
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  17:05:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank God Jody is eating or I would not have stayed here..It was just in the very beginning, she adjusted to a point..But the intermittent peeing in the house continues..I could hear her happy "let's go for walkies" bark while on the phone and I have 'talked' to her on the phone many times..(I know, the non-animal people think I am nuts..lol) ANyway I will be home with her soon enough and I know we will figure something out..:))
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000