TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Visual Snow, pelvic Pain and other problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

alix

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2006 :  19:03:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also have been a pelvic pain sufferer for 4+ years. Despite having done Sarno for a year with even the help of a TMS psychotherapist and having consulted with a TMS doctor, my condition has not changed a bit. It is exactly the same.
Prior to Sarno, I have also done trigger point therapy, nerve blocks, and botox and that did not work at all either.
I know it is TMS because when I travel away from work and family, the pain abruptly stops. It never fails. Still despite this knowledge the pain always comes back.
David Wise feels that TMS is real but somehow doing the mental work is just not working for severe pelvic pain. It is of course debatable but very unfortunately it has been my experience.
The progressive relaxation he teaches works but it needs to be performed rigorously daily for the rest of your life. I would not say it is a placebo, more of a bandaid but certainly not a cure.
Go to Top of Page

Alpha

Germany
43 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2006 :  16:06:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@alix: Sorry to hear that, could you cure at least some other symptoms with TMS work?

I also made the expirience, that a change in enviroment makes me MUCH better. I was moving to Hamburg 3 month ago and for the first 4 weeks i thought i was cured so good i feeled again, but it ALL returned, as hard as seldomly before... BUT, it really shows, that its all psychological.

It seems to me, that your work and/or family are the causes for your emotional suffering. Maybe a radical change in your life is needed to remove the source of stress in your life?

Hey, but just to be sure, how can i learn Paradoxical Relaxation? I am from germany, so i couldn't visit Dr. Wises clinic. Is there a book about it? Someone told me its the same as 'Mindful Meditation', is that right?
I mean i want to stick to TMS and emotinal work as i posted before, but even Sarno that, that Relaxation and Meditation couldn't harm. I mean i am obviously under tension, so...

Have you read about my Pelvic Pain symptoms? Can you relate to most of them? I am intrested in it, because we PP suffers are not SO much on this board. CPPS als TMS equivalent should become more knowen.

Thank you for the reply!
- Alpha

As you think, so shall you become. - Bruce Lee
Go to Top of Page

alix

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2006 :  18:59:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alpha,
Yes, I have the exact same symptoms you have.
With the TMS work I can very quickly get rid of back and neck pain as soon as it happens but somehow I am absolutely unable to address pelvic pain.
I don't know what is so special about pelvic pain.
The only pharmaceutical that has helped me is Ultram. Regarding Dr.Wise's relaxation here is how I can describe it:
Our natural tendency is to keep our focus away from discomfort as much as we can and build a wall against it which actually increases pain.
Paradoxical relaxation is to relax while feeling the tension. You are not supposed to ignore or forget about your condition. You are supposed to feel the tension passively without doing anything about it. Just witness your tension passively. Feeling is "relaxation", in other words this feeling of the pelvic tension automatically relaxes the tension thus the "paradoxe". You have to do that for 60-90 minutes every day.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000