TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 symptom imperative/foot pain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

carbar

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  13:16:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ACL posted:
quote:
I got fitted for orthotics and told that I had mild Morton's Foot that was straining the main tendon in the arches of my feet. I wore them until May this year, when I got rid of them along with everything else. I thought I was condemned to never wear cute shoes or comfy sandals anymore -- I was completely wrong. I don't even have a twinge now.

I couldn't resist commenting on the shoes thing. Of course while I was struggling with RSI in the hands, I developed knee pain (patella femoral syndrome b.s.!) and the docs LOVED to comment on my flat feet. Like they hadn't been flat my whole life, right? So, I did bite on getting a set of insurence-covered orthotics. And I DO still wear them, but my knee pain is practically nothing. Only pops up when I've walked over a mile in shoes with zero support.

I definitely have been wearing cute shoes again. I have been working retail on my feet on concrete floors for 8 hours a day. It really got me down to wear sneakers everyday coz I want to look more professional, but I thought that was the only shoe that could be supportive enough to stand and move for so long. Well, I decided to take a risk that the knee pain was TMS and since January, I've been wearing my Kenneth Cole going out shoes and my comfy Bjorn pennyloafers with great cheer all day at work! Finally, I can look cute at work! :D Some days my feet are sore, but the knee's been fine.

PS -- another benefit of recovering: I've been doing a pretty intense yoga program 4-5 times a week, my cravings to emotionally eat have gone down, and I've lost about 15 pounds. Yay, more cute wardrobe options. I feel like $1 million for the first time ever in my life. And it shows!!!

Just allow it to be TMS, continue through the "pain", maintain your goals and you will get there!

Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  16:08:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanx so much for your support carbar!!! It really helped me alot! Give me hope...I would hate ot have to wear sneakers the rest of my life!
~Karen
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000