TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Healing Fibromyalgia & Other Chronic Pain Naturall
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2013 :  10:13:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Healing Fibromyalgia and Other Chronic Pain Naturally

http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/healing-fibromyalgia-and-other-chronic-pain-naturally/

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2013 :  12:30:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Shawn,

Thanks for the link,
I ruled out applied kinesiology last year when I learned it was a mere mechanical body trick to get your attention and belief. I believe the video in your link to be “applied kinesiology”, correct me if I am wrong.

This next video raises my concerns:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Piu75P8sxTo.

Dam those English, they are always so skeptical!

Correction: Aussies

I was first introduced to the word kinesiology from my personal trainer who has a title "BS kinesiology CSUN". He told me he has nothing to do with “Applied Kinesiology” and agreed it was bogus. They do have a fun value, as we did some balance-reflex exercises together.

Charming Dr. Karan Kan may mean well, and her Lifewave Aeon Patches, (acupuncture patches) may help those in need of avoiding pills or surgery, but it’s not mind body enough for me.

Andy
Past TMS Experience in 2000, with success.
Charlie Horse on neck for 20 years, is almost gone.
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception

Edited by - andy64tms on 10/31/2013 15:23:03
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2013 :  05:56:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Took a quick look at it and said, Great a new TMS physician, after reading it Dr. Kan is anything but TMS, just a mix of complementary therapies, quackery and snake oil, in this case snake-patches. If the doctor was really into mindbody wellness it is hard to conceive that with a modicum of research she would not have stumbled onto our good doctor Sarno. First off, that picture of the body is truly depressing. If I visualized my body in that shape I would curl up into the fetal position too and give up. As for her list of symptoms, who doesn't have those if they are suffering from TMS?--clumsy? cure it with my patch--you will be cured instantly--by a placebo effect if anything. But the public is assaulted with this voo-doo in similar ads everywhere and on the shelves of every drugstore. This is the antithesis to TMS clothed in a lot of new-agey complementary medicine chatter.

Doing a quick search I found this funny link:
http://www.worldwidescam.com/

And here's another:
http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/forum/forum_comments/2526/P5820

And some comments from the article:

"Joyce October 31, 2013 at 4:02 pm
Sarah,

Do you know Dr. Kan personally? Her book received lots of negative reviews on Amazon as being one big infomercial selling products from over 20 companies she is affiliated with and receives compensation from. The Aeon patches are sold by a Network Marketing Company and they don’t disclose how their patches work or the ingredients in them. Sounds kind of fishy to me…
Thanks,
Joyce"

"carmen October 31, 2013 at 4:28 pm

I’d like to know more information about the brain balancing patches you recommend. Internet information is quite vague and amazon.com reviewers indicate the packaging doesn’t provide more info or instructions. Who makes it, what are the ingredients, what are the physiological processes occurring during application? Thanks so much!
Carmen"

Edited by - tennis tom on 11/01/2013 06:36:18
Go to Top of Page

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2013 :  17:03:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the links, actually I didn’t find them that funny, rather sad, that the pressures of our society and the Hollywood image requirements will make people go to such extremes to improve their beauty.

I felt even worse when I realized I was feeling critical and rather superior, as I am not like that. At this moment I remembered what SteveO said about criticism in one of his early chapters. "That when we criticize we are projecting our own fears, we are frightened or rejected by what we see, so we console ourselves with criticism towards that person." - Not his exact words perhaps.

I think I felt sad because the humor was based on human disfigurement , and who really cares what you look like- unfortunately many people do just this.

Tom I’m glad it’s you and not me bringing this stuff to our attention, thanks

Andy
Past TMS Experience in 2000, with success.
Charlie Horse on neck for 20 years, is almost gone.
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception

Edited by - andy64tms on 11/01/2013 17:35:59
Go to Top of Page

Peregrinus

250 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2013 :  16:59:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is Dr. Karen Kan an M.D.? I hope not. Image taking seriously ill or being badly injured in a strange town and then going to a hospital where a doctor treats you with brain stabilizing patches!
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2013 :  19:21:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karen Kan - Lifewave Affiliate & New Age Quack

"Quantum Anti-Aging" - Pseudoscience & Snake Oil

"Hi, my name is Dr. Karen Kan. I'm a holistic physician and medical acupuncturist. LifeWave has introduced products for people who are into holistic health and prefer not to take drugs or chemicals, like me. Our LifeWave team is expanding nationally in the United States as well as globally."

Edited by - tennis tom on 11/03/2013 14:45:15
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2013 :  10:40:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My posting not an endorsement, just for FYI.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2013 :  14:42:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shawnsmith

My posting not an endorsement, just for FYI.

I was figuring that it was for entertainment purposes only Shawn, figured you couldn't have fallen that far off the TMS wagon.

Regards,
tt/lsmft
Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2013 :  16:50:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And why do they always have to say "quantum"??? There is nothing more ridiculous than the use of "quantum" as a marketing word by people who don't know what it means. I feel like I'm channeling my (physicist) parents here, but puhleeze!

Quantum Pond Scum = superbluegreen moneymaking mold.

Quantum quark drops = when you need to increase your feeling of absolute vacuum

Quantum life = a very very very small life ...

Love is the answer, whatever the question
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000