TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Why this is a great forum.....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Baseball65

USA
734 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  18:48:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everybody...

I've noticed a lot of flames today and thought I'd throw out a reality check for all of us(me included)

This forum is about TMS and discussion on it's manifestations,methods of beating it,and related Mindbody experiences.It's probably the only one on the net where you won't get laughed off or even censored(Go post about Sarno/TMS on healthboards.com in the back pain section and see how long your post lasts)

We all get off topic a lot,me included(Bs-ing about baseball,Bs-ing about everything)...I think we get a LOT of leniency...I've posted on lots of forums and this one is really relaxed.

When I was in pain,I didn't care about anything but getting out of pain.

This forum is great because it can help people who have TMS find an answer in a desert of misunderstanding.

Everybody needs to chill.

If you want to e-mail each other personally with the miniscule amount of stuff considered 'out of play',this forum even has e-mail links provided...Healthboards will also pitch you for trying to contact another member.

peace

Baseball65

menvert

Australia
133 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  19:42:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dont know if it is feasable or warranted.... but DAVE perhaps an off topic section could be created where the people here can discuss non-tms stuff?
just a thought, as some of us have become good friends.
Go to Top of Page

Stryder

686 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  20:22:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi menvert,

Not a bad idea, but likley not here. This idea has come up before. There are lots of places for everyone to chat about everything, tmshelp.com is the ONLY place that is particular to TMS. In my opinion, that's a huge benefit worth the very small price to pay.

I spent many years on the Spinal Disorders section of the Neuro Web Forum at MGH (in its early days):

http://dem0nmac.mgh.harvard.edu

a really cool place if you are into mainstream medicine, as I was before I became aware of my mind-body. I met a lot of really caring people there, its not moderated except for vulgar language. You can post and chat your heart out for free, about anything you want. I'm sure John Lester won't mind at all. However, I would caution those of you who are wrestling with 'thinking psychological' to stay clear of the MGH site, since almost all of the traffic is related to physical topics. Reading a lot of physical stuff would be contrary to TMS theory and not helpful to you.

So, good idea, I think we all would like at times to chat off topic.

If I see any replies in doing that I can point you all in that direction, with a specific room link, and I'll likely join you from time to time.

Just my 2 cents, -Stryder

Edited by - Stryder on 04/08/2005 11:53:41
Go to Top of Page

miehnesor

USA
430 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  09:13:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thankyou for posting this Baseball. I agree wholeheartedly. I've gained a lot from participating on this forum. I really am glad that it's around. Also thanks Dave for moderating.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000