TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 What is the purpose for the pain.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kenny V

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  09:45:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is the purpose for the pain.And breaking the pain Cycle

Dr Sarno does make it clear that there is a purpose for the pain, as it severs as a distraction.
And he also states that many people do find recovery by just by learning this and applying a Mind body approach.
I will buy that.

However
Many might disagree but IMO if this is not discovered than you still have an underlying condition.
To me the purpose of a psychotherapist would help you identify this. In my situation Jornaling my life experiences help me find mine. It was about 4 months after making all the physical connections to my condition.
Let’s just say “ I made peace with my past.”

Last I would say if you study phobias, syndromes and mostly self injurious behaviors in why they occur you might get a sense of the purpose of an underlying condition. Self-injurious behaviors also serve a purpose. A proper functional assessment always reveals its purpose. When identifying the source of the behavior and teaching replacement behaviors breaks the cycle therefore there is no longer a reason for it to continue.

Just my 2 cents
I have seen some awesome work done in this area and have associated many of TMS attributes to this same cycle.

Kenny V

Always Hope For Recovery
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000