TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 ankle and foot pain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

res

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  05:39:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have gotten rid of back an neck pain with the TMS model and now I am having ankle and foot pain. Interestingly, I did not have any while on vacation a week ago (and I was wearing flip flops and clogs!). Have any of you had TMS ankle and foot pain? I could use a pep talk as I am getting worried.

Renee

Colleen

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  08:02:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Res,

I have had burning, painful foot pain (both feet) for nearly a year now. Just saw a TMS Doctor in my area and he said he has seen foot pain as TMS in the past. I had been diagnosed with a neuropathy repeatedly over the last year, with little hope of a complete recovery. This TMS Doctor does not believe that is a corect diagnosis. He has me reading Dr.Sarno's MBP, Chapter 9 twice every day. I am suppose to journal my feelings and no physical activity until the message has sunk into my brain.....to think psychologically.

What type of foot/feet pain are you having??

Colleen
Go to Top of Page

Fox

USA
496 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  08:37:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had pain in the left ankle and foot for 20 years. The pain is also in other parts of the leg and left buttocks but to a much lesser extent ..It's about 80% better since I got serious about Sarno.
Go to Top of Page

res

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  13:24:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Which TMS doctor did you see Colleen? I am going to act like I don't have a problem anywhere and challenge it. That has helped me in the past with other problems. I am thinking of going to see a TMS doctor anyway as that kicked me in gear originally (4 years ago) when I had sciatica. Unfortunately, I moved from where she was (in Maryland) and I live in New York now. Sarno is expensive for me and I know some of the others take healthcare.

Fox, has your ankle/foot improved 80% also? Colleen what was your previous diagnosis?

Renee
Go to Top of Page

Fox

USA
496 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  14:19:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My ankle/foot, which was the most severe and chronic pain, has improved 80%. My calf, areas in the thigh, and buttocks have improved 95%.
Go to Top of Page

Colleen

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  18:11:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Renee,

I just saw Dr. Martinez and yes he took Health Insurance.....at least what we have. There are a few others here seeing him as well. My previous diagnosis (for about the past year) has been bilateral neuropathy (nerve pain in both feet). It still hurts, but I am working on it.
I wish you the best and feel free to e mail me if you have any questions.

Colleen
Go to Top of Page

n/a

36 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  18:39:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hade foot pain for almost I year. Had every exam in the book done on it. Exra, bone scan, orthodics, etc. Have read Dr Sarno and Dr Sophers's book numerous times. I think I have even memorized passage. Have also purchased Dr. Sarno's video lecture. I have written more than 75 pages of pyschoanalysis on myself and could give a lecture on TMS.

I also have sever back pain, chronic (non Bacterial) prostatitus (which Dr. Sarno says in a TMS Equivelant), some neck pain and arm and now some facial pain.
Go to Top of Page

polly

127 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  19:32:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
res,
Sarno does not take insurance, but he gives you 2 bills for $500 each and you can submit it to your insurance company for reimbursment. It worked for me. I think it cost me about $150 out of pocket. There are no other fees with him and the amount covers his lecture and any follow up work you need. I've been in touch with him for 2 yrs. on that same bill.

Check with your insurance company. If you can see him, and want to see a TMS doctor, I would do all I could.

Polly

Go to Top of Page

res

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  06:24:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fox-

My guess is with chronic ankle pain that you wore orthotics. Did you get rid of these? A couple of well meaning people have given me arch supports and suggested I use them which now has me unsure. I wore orthotics about 4 years ago when I was having the back pain and quit wearing them when I found out about TMS. What do you think? I walk and do arobics but not run. Also, if my feet were fine doing all of this 2 months ago, I question that I would need this now.

Renee
Go to Top of Page

Fox

USA
496 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  13:48:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did try every treatment under the sun, I suppose, other than orthotics, for my foot and ankle pain, although a podiatrist did suggest that I try it. I think I remember Sarno being anti-orthotics. If you think the problem is TMS, you definitely don't want to try any physical supports/aids because you will be totally stuck focusing on the physical ......If you can walk, and especially if you can do aerobics, I don't see why you would have any structural limitations that would prevent running.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000