TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 So you feel you are not making much progress?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2013 :  05:00:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

The following is chapter 10 of "Mind Power in the 21st century" by John Kehoe. I hope this will be an encouragement to those who feel they are not making much progress in their recovery. Remember, anything you seek to achieve in life is the result of a cumulative process, and it is no different for when you are seeking health and wholeness in your life. Working on eliminating all negative talk and stopping yourself from going down a negative line of thinking is essential. And, as Ace states in his keys to recovery #26, "If you're unsure if something you are doing is helping your recovery or not is to ask the following question - Is this helping me to calm my overly sensitized nervous system from reacting to the events in my day?"

Shawn

Reality

What is happening right now in your life is not happening to you as a result of chance. Your past consciousness has helped to create it. Your "now" has its causes and roots in the past.

Consider the following analogy: When you look up into the sky and see the stars, what you are actually seeing is the past because some of those stars may no longer exist. This is possible because stars are hundreds and thousands of light years away meaning that it takes their light, traveling at186,000 miles per second, hundreds or thousands of years to reach the earth. Thus, the light we see from a star a hundred light years away is actually light it emitted a hundred years ago. That particular star could have exploded and disintegrated twenty-five years ago, but we still see its light, and will continue to see its light for another seventy-five years, even though the star itself has long ceased to exist.

Keep this analogy in mind when using mind power techniques to change your reality for when you begin to change your thoughts, your new reality will not immediately follow.

There will always be a certain time lag during which you will be in a position of developing a new consciousness, but still stuck with your old reality.

This "waiting for it to happen" period is critical, because how you react during this waiting period will either quicken or hinder the new reality you are attempting to create. You may doubt things are changing. You may feel discouraged and wonder if you are wasting your time. Your mind will try to fool you .by telling you that nothing will happen, that this won't work. These thoughts are natural; they happen to us all. Do not pay them any heed; just continue with your exercises, being patient and diligent in your efforts. It helps to re-member that reality is a process, a continuous happening, and not something fixed and rigid.

Everything in existence is continually in the process of be-coming something else. Your circumstances, too, are forever changing and becoming something else, so how could your new thoughts, if persisted in, do anything but bring you anew reality? Think about it. Relax and enjoy your exercises, ignoring any negative thoughts. In time your life will change naturally and effortlessly. You don't have to force it.

KEEP THESE POINTS IN MIND

1. Be conscious of what you are thinking. You are creating your future experiences with your "now"
thoughts.

2. Change your reaction to any undesirable conditions in your life. If you are struggling in your career, without a relationship, sick, unemployed, or nothing seems to be working for you, the first thing you must do is accept the situation. Don't try to pretend it isn't happening. It is. Don't waste time feeling sorry for yourself or fighting it; work through it
with mind power.3. Establish a daily inner "creating" period for yourself free from everyday demands and distractions. It is this inner creating period that will-give you power.

I once called a company to get some important information which I needed for my business. The woman I spoke to asked me to call back in half an hour, explaining, "I'm sorry.

We can't get into our computer right now; it's running a program." I put down the receiver and thought to myself, "That' s exactly how we practice mind power. When we run a mental program we close off our mind to all outer distractions and run our program over and over again in our mind."

CHANGE IS A CUMULATIVE PROCESS

Imagine you have an eyedropper full of red dye and everyday you squeezed one drop of dye into a large bowl of water. At first you would see no effect, because the dye would quickly dissipate and be absorbed. If, however, you continued to add a drop every day, the water would gradually turn from clear to pale pink, to deep rose, and finally to brilliant red. In creating a new reality for yourself your "eyedropper" is that daily creating period during which you detach yourself from your worries, your difficulties and your "now" reality. This period can be anything from five minutes to thirty minutes, so long as you observe it every day. By regularly and diligently applying the techniques you have learned, an ever-increasing effect is seen. Those who practice half-heartedly soon fall by the wayside, but nothing is beyond the reach of those who have vision, understanding and commitment. Will you dare to believe in your vision as being stronger and more potent than your present circumstances?

Are you willing to infuse yourself daily, without fail, with thoughts of your desired reality?

Will you persevere, trusting in your daily practice and re-fusing to believe otherwise, even in the face of seemingly unchanged or contradictory conditions?

If you can, then you shall have whatever you desire. You will step forward boldly into the world, and the world will give you whatever you ask of it.

Edited by - shawnsmith on 02/26/2013 15:07:22
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000