TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 My last post, moving and moving on
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hillbilly

USA
385 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  09:55:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to wish a successful journey of recovery to all those with whom I've corresponded publicly and privately over the last few years. I am in the midst of a big change in many aspects of life, and I simply don't have the time to do what I once did in answering questions and staying in touch.

I will leave a very long and detailed story of my recovery soon on the success stories forum so that anyone can read it and post questions or comments. I'll check it for a while until it moves down the page, as they all inexorably do, into the mudpit of forgotten wisdom.

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  09:59:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best wishes Hillbilly.
Go to Top of Page

bryan3000

USA
513 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  10:01:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are the best, Hillbilly! Thanks so much!
Your words are still being passed around here by people you've helped.
Go to Top of Page

susan828

USA
291 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  10:02:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hillbilly, you were one of the first people I encountered when I joined this group. Your posts have been tremendously helpful to me in times of anguish. You gave me a lot of wisdom and hope so thank you so much for that. The best of luck, healing and just a good life to you.
Go to Top of Page

pspa123

672 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  10:34:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most of your posts were before my time here, but others suggested I read them to gain insight about some of the questions I had posted. I did, and there was a great deal of wisdom, practicality, and passion in them. Being a lawyer, I must admit I enjoyed some of the debates too. I wish I could have been around earlier to have interacted with you. Best wishes.

Edited by - pspa123 on 01/22/2013 10:35:27
Go to Top of Page

balto

839 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  14:11:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why not write a book Hillbilly? I think you're more than qualify to do so.

------------------------
No, I don't know everything. I'm just here to share my experience.
Go to Top of Page

bryan3000

USA
513 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  14:25:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I ever have the time, I'd love to go through and create a thread that points to a bunch of Hillbilly's posts. There are so many great ones.
I'll try to get around to that this weekend, perhaps. It should definitely live on around here and it would be great if new members could
find all of his posts in one place, or at least many.

Balto, you deserve the same thread, in my opinion. A sort of "greatest hits" thread for your posts would do the forum justice.
I know you're a humble guy, but your words have been so encouraging to so many here.

Ace is currently seeing his methods put into a daily format by other members. I think it's amazing to have so many altruistic people stay around and contribute for the good of others.
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2013 :  10:09:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bryan --- I think many members, like myself, stick around as they find the whole discussion surrounding mindbody medicine totally fascinating.
Go to Top of Page

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2013 :  20:53:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck Hillbilly,

I have read many of your past emails and will continue to do so. We haven't exchange very much on a personal level, but I feel I know about you as I value your posts and guidance.

Best wishes, good luck on your journey

Andy
Past TMS Experience in 2000, with success.
Stopped Wiki Edu Program in lieu of own journalling
Charlie Horse on neck for 20 years, is almost gone.
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
Go to Top of Page

Back2-It

USA
438 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2013 :  14:39:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck, and thanks!

I think you are an economist of sorts, or used to be. If so, may you be a "one handed" economist holding the truth.

You voiced the truth here.

"Bridges Freeze Before Roads"
Go to Top of Page

bryan3000

USA
513 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2013 :  17:11:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shawnsmith

Bryan --- I think many members, like myself, stick around as they find the whole discussion surrounding mindbody medicine totally fascinating.

Agree, Shawn... though I agree with Hillbilly's sentiment he's expressed here that there may be a threshold where visiting forums too often becomes counterproductive.
I tend to go through spurts where I gather information, and then try to get away and put it in place. But, I'm not 100% recovered so I don't purport to be an expert on any of these subjects, only what has helped me.

My favorite aspects of his posts/theory are his demands for practicality. So much of what we read surrounding anxiety (TMS) is theoretical in nature.
So many attempts to "explain the process." I agree this is helpful. Understanding anxiety has greatly helped me remove the fear, which is the key to
healing, imo. But, so much of the literature out there features 90% back-story and 10% practical advice on how to cure. (If you're lucky.)

I think a lot of TMS experts (if you can be an expert on something we can't proves exists) forget that their audience is comprised of scared, suffering people who don't have the stamina for endless prose, rather... need something they can start doing today, in as clear of terms as possible.

Hillbilly was one of the best around here in that regard.
Go to Top of Page

Sylvia

199 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  05:13:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hillbilly

I will leave a very long and detailed story of my recovery soon on the success stories forum so that anyone can read it and post questions or comments. I'll check it for a while until it moves down the page, as they all inexorably do, into the mudpit of forgotten wisdom.

No sir, not forgotten, just a month or so ago I went through a bunch of your posts and cut and pasted information I thought could help me, and I had round 8 pages!

I'm sure glad you will stick around for questions and comments on your recovery post once you make it.

Thank you for your posts.
Go to Top of Page

Hillbilly

USA
385 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  10:35:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are all way, way too kind.

Bryan, I have to admit it's a bit embarrassing to read some of that old stuff. I really don't feel like a pedantic father to people anymore. I suppose context explains some of it. I don't know. I would go back and rework some of it if I had the time, but I'll let it stand.

Balto, about writing a book. I thought it over and outlined one. I gave it a working title: Past Tense. It started to flow naturally as a narrative, but then I thought everything I was writing had been written before. I lost interest and haven't thought about it in a couple of years. A fellow who went by skizzik was really pushing this idea, but then he got better too and left, and we haven't corresponded in a long time.

Sylvia, my email is posted on the forum, and I do not recall ever receiving a message from you. Feel free to try again. You have 8 pages printed out. You have read several books. I posted a lengthy response to your thread on CFS and what Dr. Low thought about it. Time for it to be used. Avoiding is a habit that can be broken in real time, right now, by summoning the will. I can tell you are quite intelligent and have a good deal to offer the world. Don't light the lamp and keep it under a bowl :)

Go to Top of Page

pspa123

672 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  11:03:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
However one feels about Dr. Sarno's "distraction" theory, some of the discussions among Hillbilly, Dave and others are really enlightening, with all points of view very cogently expressed.
Go to Top of Page

Sylvia

199 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2013 :  11:06:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sylvia, my email is posted on the forum, and I do not recall ever receiving a message from you. Feel free to try again. You have 8 pages printed out. You have read several books. I posted a lengthy response to your thread on CFS and what Dr. Low thought about it. Time for it to be used. Avoiding is a habit that can be broken in real time, right now, by summoning the will. I can tell you are quite intelligent and have a good deal to offer the world. Don't light the lamp and keep it under a bowl :)

That is a very high compliment I thank you for the kindness.

I concur! I am planning to leave in February from here. I'm using the next few days to put my Mind Training Practice in writing so I can keep a journal of it and have my time periods of "working" at it. I sure don't need any more books, I know it. I need to coalesce what I've got and live it as the NUMBER 1 Priority.

Some people don't get my email messages either. As much as I'd like to correspond with you, that likely isn't in my best interest either at this time. I've got plenty, I've got enough.

Hillbilly you are awesome. I will still try to send you a howdy do, can you do the same for me? Maybe the planets will align this time.
Go to Top of Page

balto

839 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2013 :  13:58:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hillbilly

I just wanted to wish a successful journey of recovery to all those with whom I've corresponded publicly and privately over the last few years. I am in the midst of a big change in many aspects of life, and I simply don't have the time to do what I once did in answering questions and staying in touch.

Hope you don't forget to post your story Hillbilly. Very much want to read it, I'm sure many other around here too.

------------------------
No, I don't know everything. I'm just here to share my experience.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000