TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 TRUTHS from Nicole J. Sachs "THE MEANING OF TRUTH"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2013 :  09:02:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

George Orwell

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2013 :  07:57:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I am eternally hopeful."
page ix
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2013 :  08:01:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I am your therapist. I am in it with you."
pg. x
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2013 :  07:00:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"PPS. Albert Einstein also said, 'We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.' "
page xvi
Go to Top of Page

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2013 :  21:27:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tennis tom

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

George Orwell

i have always wondered why they just didnt tell us the truth
but i guess folks hear what they want to ,but when its been ingrained in ya head and like some folks that worked in the field their whole life not knowing,now they got tms and they wont go near an md-not all but the ones ive spoke to-makes ya wonder whats really going on/ well i suppose we know,but whos to blame but the psycholgist that said mind and body were different enitys ,and im sure he believed it at the time-i bet with all the stuff youve overcame tom-hed have to change his mind-to much proving were a real community of healing and healed - healed and healing individuals and nobody can throw stones at that-then money makes ya do some crazy
stuff
i have to tell them how they cant keep feeding the pain with fear and doubt and it takes a long time just so they can accept to journal and some never do then months later they start to journal and bam-they got the repression stuff understood

Edited by - eric watson on 02/16/2013 21:45:40
Go to Top of Page

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2013 :  21:35:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

"I am your therapist. I am in it with you."
pg. x

this is so important to say to folks-alot of people think were the snake oil sailsman and im here a glowing house that can be seen on top of the hill-and they still ask if im telling the truth-its really not there fault,but that part has to be put doun ,but we all had to have some adjustments to our thinking-i remeber i took right to it -i really at first first didnt take to it but after looking at the site-i dove right in .its worth all the money in the world to be in control
Go to Top of Page

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2013 :  21:43:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

"PPS. Albert Einstein also said, 'We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.' "
page xvi

this is so awesome-albert and edison are my favorites on my rd table of advisors-
honestly we cant use our old way of thinking till weve relearned everything sarnos way-no if and or buts about it
see i had faith first and acceptance
then cam tms healing and it was a powerhouse
then i healed by believeing and reading every letter and understanding every letter to sarnos books-i love steve ozanichs book to
he really talks a lot of good about you tom
i talked to steve a week ago or maybe 10 days ago-ive been so busy
but he said hed just got done talking to sarno and he told sarno he was a rockstar
he said sarno already had his next ten yrs planned for his goals -
hows that for a man with tms healing in his mind-still reaching for the stars a great role model
and nicole-your works are very telling og the mind of the tmser
i think if those that dont get it read your book they will get there
Go to Top of Page

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2013 :  21:51:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

"I am eternally hopeful."
page ix

if someone is hopeful for you-and you heard a million times your going to be better-and its a tms therapist telling you this-then you really need to listen-they know a thing or two
its not just for money for most tms therapist-their doing it cause they care-ive helped lots of folks-thats what i do-i love to see someone say thank you eric and tell me how they were helped by my guidance or the forums guidance-i love to see the successes,but i love the most to help-it sounds what nicole is so greatful for and tom i know your their-but what about the rock n roll king
i know he had a heart-man it must have been hard being in sarnos shoes-nicole i love hearing your sarno storys so thanks yaw
god bless

Edited by - eric watson on 02/16/2013 21:53:34
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2013 :  08:51:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THANK YOU ERIC!
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2013 :  09:06:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...EVERYTHING MATTERS
PAGE XV1
Go to Top of Page

NicoleSachsLCSW

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2013 :  20:01:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow! thanks guys! hectic weekend with the kids and just saw this. xoxo

quote:

...EVERYTHING MATTERS
PAGE XV1

Embrace your Truth, Create your Life.
Go to Top of Page

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  09:38:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

...EVERYTHING MATTERS
PAGE XV1

we have so much we care about-we never have time to get to all the people we love-and the ones we want to help the most dont really want us too at times,but in this delusion of distress we have indeed got to look at ourselves-we have to take care of self before we can really help others-now this is a two sided coin cause you dont have to be all the way healed to start helping as i did here before i healed and it really had a powerful effect on my recovery.
i just wanted to help and then after i got healed im always wanting to help-i just know that the everything matters quote above is so powerful.it really does,see we have folks talking about pain and it really matters to them-thats why we listen and direct but we have to do it with a loving heart-in time to come this pain will start to fade and other issues will start to shine-then those issues if good will be accepted and those issues if bad will be healed
either way everything matters
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  10:06:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I don't give them hell. I just tell them the truth and they think it's hell."

Harry Truman

page 1
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2013 :  07:56:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Couples therapy sucks.

page 2

If there are underlying unresolved issues in a relationship, everything from the moment you wake up to the moment you go to sleep, is fodder for an argument:

EVERYTHING

page 3
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2013 :  11:42:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shawn just because I told you to get off your butt, you don't have to take it out on poor little Nicole. Please submit your latest book to the Forum so we may give you some constructive criticism.

Cheers,
tt/lsmft
Go to Top of Page

NicoleSachsLCSW

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2013 :  15:01:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom,

Thank you for your confidence. I have found that although unsolicited criticism hurts, it can easily be found where people would prefer to hide from their truths and need somewhere to put that. In turn, the overwhelming positive support I have received (many times from those in this forum who've received their copies directly from me) fills my heart.

If it's not your thing, I get it. There's no need to be unkind, however, or start negative talk where none had existed.

All the best to all that read this,

Nicole

quote:

Shawn just because I told you to get off your butt, you don't have to take it out on poor little Nicole. Please submit your latest book to the Forum so we may give you some constructive criticism.

Cheers,
tt/lsmft

Go to Top of Page

NicoleSachsLCSW

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2013 :  17:05:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shawn,

I have respected your humanity. You know exactly what I'm speaking of. Stop what you are doing. it's transparent, and unnecessary.

-n.

quote:
Originally posted by shawnsmith

When people write a book and make it public, they have to expect criticism. That's life. It is hoped, as a result of that criticism, that the author would seek to learn from it and improve on his or her next effort. The whole academic enterprise is based on this premise. It is not a comment on the author as a person, but on the work which is seen to have flaws, but which are entirely correctable. For those who missed it, here is my review of Nicole's book:

http://tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8064&SearchTerms=Nicole's

I promised in advance that if I liked the book I would say so, and if I did not like it I would also say so. I don't understand why Nicole would get so hurt when the comments have zero relation to her as an individual, but is directed towards the merits of what she has produced. I feel that I was a lot kinder than many publishers would have been.

Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2013 :  17:23:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I don't understand your message

Shawn, I think your a mean spirited person and full of crap, do you understand that message?

==================================================

DR. SARNO'S 12 DAILY REMINDERS:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0dKBFwGR0g

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

==================================================

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox
======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod =================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:
John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

Here's a map of TMS practitioners from the old Tarpit Yoga site, (click on the map by state for listings).:
http://www.tarpityoga.com/2007_08_01_archive.html
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2013 :  17:47:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see a change in the way you react Shawn despite being placed in the fire. Good job!
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2013 :  18:48:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Let's hope that her second book will offer a bit more substance than this one. How is quoting George Orwell or Harry Truman going to help anyone with TMS?

...The book, although possessing a few good points, is an overall flop.

Yes, a very sensitive review by Shawn.
Go to Top of Page

NicoleSachsLCSW

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2013 :  20:12:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom,

Please let it go. In the end, when we lay our heads down at night, we have only ourselves to keep us company. Things will be as they are. Focus on your own healing. I am always here for you, and of course for anyone who reaches out.

Peace and love,

-n.

quote:

quote:

Let's hope that her second book will offer a bit more substance than this one. How is quoting George Orwell or Harry Truman going to help anyone with TMS?

...The book, although possessing a few good points, is an overall flop.

Yes, a very sensitive review by Shawn.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000