TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Throat symptoms....mystery pains..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Baseball65

USA
734 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2005 :  14:37:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everybody..

I've run the board of possible distractions this winter (cold,flu's sinus infections) and none of them took hold.The original idea that these too were serving as distractions was first brought up by Texasrunner,and (no pun intended) I ran with it,straight to the Louise Hay book.

I get this phantom pain in my throat.In the past,I would run to the Dr. and get a prescription for an anti-biotic....the diagnosis was "infection of the eustacian tube"...as no other symptom or soreness was visible.The anti-biotic never really did much,but hey? somethings wrong ,right?

I have it again,but I noticed it only starts to bug me at work when I begin to talk to distract my self from the terror I am going through right now over financial problems....I might have to file bankruptcy...

The last time this phantom came,I had to perform at a songwriters competition,as I had made the finals....

fear of not knowing the outcome???

Now perhaps I'm afraid of this bankruptcy?? Not knowing the outcome??

Louise Hay has the throat as swallowed anger/stifled creativity/the inability to speak up for ones self.....Hmmmmm.

I have been awfully silent to my tyrranical employer,but I thought(consciously) I had reached a point where continued friction with him was pointless,as he would NEVER concede he was wrong about anything.I have on more than one occasion where HE was wrong,just "swallowed" it.

Maybe I'm afraid I'll be attached to him forever if I go bankrupt...having credit cards used to be my "freedom" to survive on while I looked for my next job....am I feeling trapped in my subconscious??

Anyways,this had happened before and every time my brain does the same thing "You have cancer of the throat" ..."You have a tumor and you're going to die".....it's so redundant....

Now that I no longer have health insurance,I don't feel like shelling out 150 bucks to find out TMS tricked me again.

input? Insights?

Thanks

peace always

Baseball65

Fredarm57

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2005 :  15:11:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Baseball: I'm sorry to hear about your financial problems. I don't mean to add to your stress, but wanted to give you a "head's up". The Senate just passed a bankruptcy reform bill which will greatly restrict the ability to file Chapter 7 bankruptcy (which wipes out your debts) and will force more people into Chapter 13 (repayment plan). The President is expected to sign it. If you think you really need to file, you should do it sooner rather than later. At least consult with a bankruptcy attorney so you know what your options are. Fred
Go to Top of Page

Albert

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2005 :  17:44:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Baseball65

Your talking about things you seem to be pretty conscious of. Are there some elements of your problematic situations that aren't conscious?

Regarding your boss, don't set it up so that he has the ability to get the best of you. Perhaps you are inwardly strong enough so that you don't need to physically separate yourself from a source of annoyance. If your boss wants to be a jerk that's his problem, not yours.

From a spiritual perspective my guess is that everything works out in the end, even if it takes a while for this to become apparent. Your boss probably can't help being the way he is. He isn't as separate from you as you imagine. So let him live out his destiny.

If the child in you wants to feel angry, fine. But it is also okay to tell your inner brat that there is more to life than its narrow perspective.

When you talk to your boss remember that it is possible to be assertive and wise at the same time. If he can't see your wisdom when you approach him this way it is his problem more than yours. At least ways you don't have his frame of mind.

Go to Top of Page

moose1

162 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2005 :  19:19:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Baseball,

In my experience, financial and work-related problems are the worst instigators of TMS. I was under the threat of personal bankruptcy a few years ago and I had so many symptoms at the same time it was nuts. I was a walking blob of anxiety, anger and pain...Insomnia, back pain, neck pain, panic attacks, weird face and neck pain...all sorts of stuff. And having a jerk for a boss is an absolute guarantee for anger.

I also feel that severe stress can trigger real illnesses, too. During the same period of time, I got an awful head cold and a nasty inner ear infection that lasted for a solid month. I'd never in my life had an ear infection, and I can empathize with you. Not only was I practically deaf, but it also felt like my head was in a vice. When I would drive to work…a couple hundred foot drop in elevation…the pressure felt like my head was going to pop by the time I arrived. I was a wreck. I finally went to the doc and got the anti-biotics and it cleared up in a few days. Of course, the other TMS stuff didn't relent until I got my finances in order.

Credit card debt is a nightmare, and I’ve been through it, too. Unsecured debt almost ruined me, as it does a lot of people. I had to use my credit card to pay my property taxes one year. In my opinion, credit cards are basically legalized extortion. My debt was out of control until I got help from a financial professional. I paid off my cards, cut them up into tiny pieces and burned them in my woodstove. I could feel myself get healthier once I got that ape off my back. It was nice to know I was no longer making 18% payments on a $120 lawnmower I had bought three years earlier.

So for me, money and job stuff can trigger pure TMS symptoms as well as infections. My guess was that the cold/ear thing was a result of my messed up immune system which had been compromised from all the energy I'd been spending on stressing about my problems.

Best of luck.
Moose
Go to Top of Page

Tunza

New Zealand
198 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2005 :  13:30:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can relate to the throat-TMS thing. Almost every time I don't get a full night's sleep my throat starts hurting. Sure, being tired can reduce the effectiveness of the immune system. But almost every time??? As if there are lurgies in my bedroom waiting for the night's I don't get enough sleep.

Anyway, I usually reach for my garlic pills, knowing full well they are a placebo and lo and behold the sore throat vanishes. It's so predictable it makes me laugh.

Kat (back from a lovely, holiday and suffering from post-holiday-itis)
Go to Top of Page

elise8

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2005 :  14:59:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Boy can I relate to the bankruptcy thing. I am in my last year of a Chapter 13 payback plan. It has been like being in prison. You are owned by the trustee for five years. (Our plan was five years, they range from 3 to 5). If you miss one payment (and they determine what that will be according to the budget they put you on which is at poverty level) then they come and take everything you own, I mean everything.
It has been absolute Hell and I am glad that it will soon be over. Chapter 7 would have been a whole lot easier but was not an option for us because of our situation. Just know that if you must do BK, then go with Chapter 7 if you can and save yourselves a lot of anguish and unbelievable stress. I have had my worse health issues since the BK started almost 5 years ago. Talk about TMS. They should call it SMS. STRESS MYOSITIS SYMPTOM. Another thing, you feel absolutely worthless and your self esteem drops many notches when you go through a BK. I know we created the entire situation ourselves but it is still a very demeaning thing to go through. I would advise everyone who uses credit cards to excess to cut them up and burn them now... If you must have one, just keep one card only and pay off the balance every month. Easier said than done I know. We used our credit cards to pay taxes also, as we were self employed and the quarterly taxes nearly killed us, that is how we got in to trouble. The government does not make it easy on self employed people. Paying double social security is such a rip off... Anyway I feel your pain if you are going through financial hardship, it just sucks!
Elise.

Elise8
Go to Top of Page

Baseball65

USA
734 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2005 :  15:34:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everybody.

Thanks for your support and input.....I've watched this thing come and go all week....funny...it moved to the OTHER SIDE this morning...

I snapped back at my boss today and confronted him about his condescension...he told me: "I'm a boss...I'll NEVER be satisfied"...well ..that cleared that right up!

The symptom didn't fade,but rather lingered....it was definitely possessing my attention,so I broke out HBP and reviewed the 12,took a nap..and it's gone.I imagine it has something to do with the Bankruptcy,Baseball season and parenting responsibility.

I found a different 'symptom' on the Louise Hay list..."LUMP IN THROAT"...she has: "Not trusting the process of life as a whole"..

I'm really afraid right now...not only of the new bankruptcy legislation(even though that probably won't effect me...I'm filing next week...the law is only getting to the house next month,and than becomes law in 6 months)

It's the deep down feeling of being an irresponsible child..."Will my wife leave me?"..."I won't have a security net".."I'm doomed to work for this weenie"..."I'll be up against a wall"..."I'm not a REAL man...I'm a cop-out"

These little demons taken in an overview compared to where I was say...two weeks ago when I still thought I could work this out....It's amazing that ALL I got was a lump in the throat(which is vanished as I write)

Thanx so much...this is the only place in the world where I can be perfectly frank AND be understood.

we are Family(pointer sisters version)

peace

Baseball65
Go to Top of Page

Colleen

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2005 :  19:43:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone....I just read all these postings on financial stress and TMS symptoms and I realized that is what both my husband and I have been going through for years....though he would probably never admit to the TMS part. Even before this neuropathy started for me last April, we both had this or that as our finaces loomed over us. I never really connected that before.
Colleen
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000