TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Use to have pain now have anxiety
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

icelikeaninja

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2012 :  06:17:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys,

I have not posted here in awhile, lately my girlfriend and I are doing long distance relationship and she has been disrespecting me seriously, to the point where anyone would leave her.

The problem is I have some sort of barrier where I cannot leave and I stick with the punches. As a result of this I am having extreme axiety and codependency issues. I am going back to my Sarno prescribed therapist this Thursday for the first time in 4 years.

When I wasnt getting the anxiety I was getting stomach issues and back and fourth.

Me and my girlfriend dont speak because shes "to busy" so how do you think this would be best approached? I have a messed up childhood and my mom wasnt exactly the best person. Should I revert back to childhood on this? I constantly get disrespected and stay.

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2012 :  06:46:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I think you need to come to the realization that the relationship with your girl-friend is over and you should not try to save it. It appears from your posting that you don't want to face that realization and desire to avoid the inevtiable and continue to cling unto her even though she is pushing you away. The quicker you two can make a complete separation, the better it will be for both of you. I know that separation can be very painful and upsetting, but remaining with someone who no longer wants to be with you will only prolong your suffering.

The very fact that you "constantly get disrespected and stay" may mean that you have some dependency issues, stemming back from your childhood, and that at one level you are afraid to face life without your girl-friend. Despite how she poorly uses you, you stay because the alternative -- separation and being alone in life -- is more frightening.
Go to Top of Page

icelikeaninja

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2012 :  07:43:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are right, at the same tolken she has issues as well and is on a few different types of medication for this.

Its a cycle that repeats itself every 6 months.

Its just interesting how most people who have been through this can shrug it off easier and get through it when I am stuck in a rut.

I can easily say I have done great with the tms pain symptoms! I have been pain free for quite a few years now.

I thought get rid of the pain would be impossible but it was possible! Now it seems mental issues are my problem.

When I was in pain I would rather the mental strife but now its just as bad.

But iam trying to use the same method with this as with tms because I know deep down I should not suffer like this. When I think about the present relationship I veer off to the past and try to think what was similiar.

On another note for anybody reading this and in tms pain remember it will get better and this community was one of the things that saved me.
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2012 :  16:52:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ice why don't you tell us how you recovered
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page