TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 New to TMS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Jilly

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2012 :  11:54:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello I am new and have a question...I applied the techniques for TMS to think psychologically instead of being distracted by the pain.

It happened to be a headache and I felt my irritation/frustration at my daughter who was simply sitting at her computer. As unreasonable it was of me to feel this at her...I felt it, I didn't stuff it and talked to my subconscious and said " AH HAH ! caught you, not going to work..." I sat with the feeling till it slowly dissolved and distracted my self with computer work. The next thing I knew it was GONE POOF ! Well-ahhh !

Today I have pain in my upper back it moved from my low back. What do I do? It is way more intense today and the techniques are'nt working.

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2012 :  12:13:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Jilly, sounds like you've got your headmindbody well wrapped around the TMS concept. If all else fails, curl-up with a nice bottle of wine and wait it out--"healing is gradual...very gradual," to quote SteveO.

==================================================

DR. SARNO'S 12 DAILY REMINDERS:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0dKBFwGR0g

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter
======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:
John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

Here's a map of TMS practitioners from the old Tarpit Yoga site, (click on the map by state for listings).:
http://www.tarpityoga.com/2007_08_01_archive.html
Go to Top of Page

Jilly

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2012 :  12:23:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL ! I love wine...but isn't that like taking a pill or something ?
Go to Top of Page

Jilly

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2012 :  12:25:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by tennis tom

Welcome Jilly, sounds like you've got your headmindbody well wrapped around the TMS concept. If all else fails, curl-up with a nice bottle of wine and wait it out--"healing is gradual...very gradual," to quote SteveO.

LOL ! I love wine...but isn't that like taking a pill or something ?
Go to Top of Page

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2012 :  13:52:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello jilly-its eric
stay with the program-the pain will leave again
in a few days or so/

how r u doing now?

r u feeling better?

good to see you here
Go to Top of Page

Jilly

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2012 :  14:32:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Eric, Yes, I am feeling better but I am experiencing pain in a new area and the previous areas are not firing up. I guess it's on the MOVE ! Any suggestions ?
Go to Top of Page

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2012 :  15:02:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jilly,

It’s wonderful that you can relate your pain symptoms to specific areas of frustration, irritation and perhaps anger. Some people take forever to accomplish this.

Since the pains are real, but the reasons are not it’s OK to take a pain reliever or wine etc. on a temporary basis. I don’t have moving pain, but I understand it is classic TMS.

We don’t know much about you yet so keep posting, you are going to need patience and above all an open mind.

Good luck

Andy
Past TMS Experience in 2000, with success.
Back on Wiki Edu Program day 15
Charlie Horse on neck for 20 years. (to be evicted later.)
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
Go to Top of Page

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2012 :  15:04:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yea-start journaling about the emotions your feeling,dont journal about the body or physical at all,although we journal when we hurt about bad emotions ,try to stop the writing on a good note-like acceptance

-when you get done,include with that positive affirmations like,peace,calmness,love -and imagine those emotions become feelings

imagine the pain not being there-...

think about a feel good area instead of the area that hurts

etc....

have you done your journaling-have you accepted your angers and anxietys as nothing but thoughts that u can re-lease and let go

true that the memories become a part of our mind-bodys but we can
always reverse the conditioning of our perceptions thru positive imagery-visualizations-meditations and so on....

let me know-im glad the pain is moving-it will do this for a few
days-(mine moved around for about two months)

but do not keep a time limit-i didnt-dont let it loose your footing-were doing what weve never done before the mind will have to adjust and that it will

and lets not forget what andy said above-you can now think ,what am i thinking why i am hurting-if you can release that thought or reaction thru acceptance-then your well on your way

Edited by - eric watson on 12/06/2012 05:15:40
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2012 :  15:13:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The pain will sometimes move around. It is a confirmation of TMS. Stay the course and continue to follow Sarno's suggestions in his books. In the meantime, resume your life as usual.
Go to Top of Page

Jilly

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2012 :  16:05:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow...loved what the (2) of you said....

Have you done your journaling-have you accepted your angers and anxietys as nothing but thoughts that u can re-lease and let go ~ Eric

Since the pains are real, but the reasons are not it’s OK to take a pain reliever or wine etc. on a temporary basis. I don’t have moving pain, but I understand it is classic TMS ~ Andy

The moving pain is really telling, trying to set up shop in a new location. Also I need to work on anger-anxiety as something I am not a victim of...my anxiety/anger doesnt control me, I control my own thoughts...
Go to Top of Page

catmac

United Kingdom
57 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  14:23:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jilly

Hey Eric, Yes, I am feeling better but I am experiencing pain in a new area and the previous areas are not firing up. I guess it's on the MOVE ! Any suggestions ?

Hi JIlly

Steve O says in his book that 'when the pain starts to move around' you've got it beat. Your mind has to create another distraction as you now realise what is happening. When my pain first started moving around I thought I was dying, I was petrified, but here I am living proof of TMS a year on. For me it was a really gradual process.

The best advice I can give you is to read Steve ozanichs book and Dr sarnos over and over again. I read them for months and got something different out of them every single time. There is so much information in both of those books and all the answers are there to help you heal.

I know you will get better, it just takes time

Cat x
Go to Top of Page

Jilly

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  16:27:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Cat X , Thanks... I am super encouraged too ! Beyond encouraged, actually I have the KNOWING and I BELIEVE ! It's just so weird to feel it move like that.
Go to Top of Page

Peregrinus

250 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  17:27:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jilly:
Welcome! Instead of worrying about how the pain is moving around I would suggest you figure out why:
quote:
Originally posted by Jilly

I felt my irritation/frustration at my daughter who was simply sitting at her computer.

I’m betting your daughter is a young adult and so I wonder why her (harmless) behavior is bothering you. You may be trying to be someone that you are not!
Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

Jilly

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  18:18:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Peregrinus, Interesting thought, maybe you can help me explore that concept ? Being someone I am not ... thinking ...
Go to Top of Page

Peregrinus

250 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  19:50:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jilly:
How old is your daughter? What kind of relationship do you have with her?
Go to Top of Page

Jilly

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  15:54:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Peregrinus, My daughter is 18 yrs old this month and we have good relationship. We talk if there are problems and she knows she is safe and very loved.
Go to Top of Page

Peregrinus

250 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  16:41:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jilly:
Congradulations on having a good relationship with your 18 year old daughter! I didn't think it was possible. All kidding aside, you should try to identify the source of the emotions (past and present) that are causing your TMS.
Give your daughter a hug for me!
Go to Top of Page

balto

839 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2012 :  04:48:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus

you should try to identify the source of the emotions (past and present) that are causing your TMS.

No tms doctor suggested this. It is almost impossible to identify the source.

You just have to realize that your tms/anxiety symptoms were caused by negative emotion, stop your fear of the symptoms, move on with life as normal.

------------------------
No, I don't know everything. I'm just here to share my experience.
Go to Top of Page

ron213

Israel
15 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2012 :  04:59:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by balto

quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus

you should try to identify the source of the emotions (past and present) that are causing your TMS.

You just have to realize that your tms/anxiety symptoms were caused by negative emotion, stop your fear of the symptoms, move on with life as normal.

------------------------
No, I don't know everything. I'm just here to share my experience.

gee, thats a really good point as i spent a lot of time trying to figure the exact cause of my pain, i was even frustrated that i was not able to analytically find the cause. i am guessing it happened to a lot more people to.
Go to Top of Page

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2012 :  05:29:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote-balto

------------------------

no the tms drs did not suggest this,( good insight balto )but in the wiki program we are suggested to try-by trying we are letting our minds know we are own to it-(a good reply by ron),we dont have to exactly hit the source that is the root cause-its the act of exploration that helps with the tension re-lease....

Edited by - eric watson on 12/06/2012 05:35:02
Go to Top of Page

Jilly

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2012 :  11:56:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know I have read it's not crucial to find the root cause especially if you are seeing results with journaling and self talk however, if one is not getting results it is suggested to go into psychotherapy and a very small percentage of Sarno's clients required psychotherapy.

In my particular case...reading what you all have posted...I am not clear on the root cause of my inner tension with my daughter. Nothing 'happened' to cause me to feel irritated, it was at a subconscious level. Other than, maybe at a deep level I sense my own teenage pain when I was her age. I think thats it, because it seems to fit and provide an ah-hah sensation.

Wow, guys...thanks for getting me thinking ! I will have a little chat with my inner teen

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000