TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Forbes Article About Dr. Sarno
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2012 :  22:32:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't read it yet but was just told about it by SteveO, typing as we talk:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/edwardsiedle/2012/09/26/americans-best-doctor-and-his-miracle-cures-dr-john-e-sarno/

Birdie78

Germany
145 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2012 :  02:10:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Mala still posted this article here
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7743

Kind regards from Germay sends Birdie
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2012 :  05:58:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Birdie78

I think Mala still posted this article here
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7743

Kind regards from Germay sends Birdie

Thanks Birdie! I must confess I never read it when Mala posted it. I was more excited about her beginning to see a therapist. Eric Watson had a GREAT reply that bears repeating so I will:::

=====================================================

"eric watson

USA
107 Posts

"Posted - 09/28/2012 : 09:08:52
This is Great news mala-i have read the article and it suprises me too how so many people wont except what is right there in front of them-i have tried myself to disect and interrigate sarnos work but it really is the best medicine i have ever received-i have already used it for a torn rotater cuff of 20 yrs which healed immeditly,a terrible pain in my toe of 15 yrs which healed immeditly,and in the past unknowingly used the same method to heal my lower back,if i knew then what i know now i dont think i would have ever had a relapse.heres my point i would have spent tens of thousands of dollars going to conventional drs when sarnos method is a cure all for almost anything if not everything and free......it last a life time and i always see results....i dont have to worry about not exerciseing as all the docs told me not to do too, and i dont have to worry about a knife in my back ,i know that some will heal longer than others but the journey is worth it- - more than any advice or operation i have ever been offered.thanks again mala this is an awesome post-and as tt said how are you-you sound great."

=====================================================

TMS is stubborn, "healing is gradual, very gradual". Repetition of the TMS penicillin knowledge is usually required. "The heart is slow to learn what the quick brain sees at every turn."--(or something like that--close enough for gov work--from Eddie Milay, tms poet and world series winning catcher for frisco giants).

That was a GREAT Forbes article as all articles advocating TMS are and that was a GREAT reply by ERIC to it, TMS sub-contractor of the year.

I'm going back to my segmented sleep now.

G'night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite, bring back DDT.

Edited by - tennis tom on 11/02/2012 06:00:43
Go to Top of Page

SteveO

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2012 :  10:51:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Dr. Sarno emailed me about this article, and said he liked it, and the author's analogy of TMS and the financial industry. I told him of course you like it, it said you were the most brilliant doctor in America! Who wouldn't like that? He's sharp as ever, and arguably the most brilliant doctor in America.

I spoke to the Forbes author, Ted Seidle, and he plans on continuing to push this message that; other doctors who are causing our problems are considered legitimate, but Dr. Sarno, who is healing many of our problems is considered somehow, illegitimate. The system is broken.

There's tons of good things happening on TMS right now. Lot's of things in the works, and moving forward. I can see the entire message networking across the country, from coast to coast, as people who have healed begin connecting with one another, as plans are laid for bigger things.

Steve
Go to Top of Page

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2012 :  18:58:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man this is awesome-my hero Tennis Tom called me the tms sub-contractor of the yr-that sounds like joy to my ears-he heard about my bout with a company stealing money from me and he came with great advise-by revealing this i was revealing something that was of great concern to me and as i told my story it was so soothing yet consciously repressed,a ton of built up tension and it was released when i exposed it to my friends- had a free day as ive had in the good ol days and i could lift what i wanted with no problem-i wasnt worried about the body on purpose and i havent been in pain n a while, about two weeks now-i have a roof job coming up and it wll be the test and i know if i work with what i know now-( i have no pain-its really from my negative emotions and i can control this and i did )- (its nothing structural) then i will be pain free-it has to be all thinking in the now with no doubt and fear-its took a lot of practice and incantations but this is a soon recovery-i know almost its going to bee 100 percent-steveo my mentor has even laid his answer out in a structural format-the way i would tell my guys to accomplish a roof-thanks guys and its so true-god bless-note tt has been a great mentor too-thanks tt - steveo-andy64tms,mala and ace 1....to add another equilavent was a case of burning itching feet that has completely healed after yrs of hurt-thanks again guys,,,,and one more, a pain in my ankles that always felt like i had busted a blood vein or somthing -gone.....yes -is..was and forever will be the greatest Dr in the world,Dr sarno....thanks to balto too,,,

Edited by - eric watson on 11/02/2012 22:48:24
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2012 :  08:02:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2012 :  08:04:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The author of the article, Edward Siedle, writes that, "It is a puzzlement to me how a doctor who produces dramatic beneficial results for his patients at little or no cost could be considered controversial whereas practitioners of costly, ineffectual so-called mainstream medicine are somehow regarded as more legitimate."

It is no puzzlement to me at all. There is a lot more money in ascribing physical causes and prescribing treatment modalities to the suffering patient than embracing a TMS approach to treatment. The medical establishment, although they have made tremendous progress in many areas of healthcare, are still driven my the almighty dollar. Hopefully things will change.

I do worry, however, that people will read Siedle's article in the wrong way. Fortunate for him, he rapidly recovered only after attending a couple Sarno's workshops, but such quick recovery is not the case for everyone. It is important that those who do not experience a quick recovery not get discouraged and doubt the TMS diagnosis. Each individual recovers in their own time and way.

Edited by - shawnsmith on 11/03/2012 08:12:10
Go to Top of Page

Peregrinus

250 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2012 :  09:19:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tennis Tom:
Thank you for the heads up. It is an excellent article. It made me wonder about how many costly back operations could be avoided in the best interest of the patient. A friend of mine had a knee replaced and had a tough time recovering. He was referred to a neural surgeon who told him he would be in a wheel chair in less than a year if he didn't undergo surgery. The surgeon said that spinal stenosis was weakening his leg muscles. My friend was operating a small farm before the knee operation and it was hard for anyone half his age to keep up with him. Last week he had 6 hours of back surgery and his doctor is about $50,000 richer.
Perhaps medical insurers should consider screening proposed spinal surgeries with a TMS panel.
Go to Top of Page

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2012 :  09:35:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peregrinus,that would be a great idea-if only mainstream would get out of the caveman days-or sci fi or whatever this lust for blood is called-didnt mean to go to far with that-just have so many friends that r in wheelchairs because they listened to the dr about surgery-
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Zafirides

189 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  18:58:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I reached out to Mr. Siedle and we spoke a couple of weeks ago for almost 2 hours. He is an absolutely wonderful human being. He is committed to using his position to help spread the word of Dr. Sarno and TMS.

He is in the process of composing a series of articles on Dr. Sarno.

Al we have to do is keep setting brushfires in the minds of as many people we can.

The tide WILL turn!

It is already beginning to....

ONWARD!!

- Dr. Z

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Zafirides

189 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  19:07:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus

Tennis Tom:
Thank you for the heads up. It is an excellent article. It made me wonder about how many costly back operations could be avoided in the best interest of the patient. A friend of mine had a knee replaced and had a tough time recovering. He was referred to a neural surgeon who told him he would be in a wheel chair in less than a year if he didn't undergo surgery. The surgeon said that spinal stenosis was weakening his leg muscles. My friend was operating a small farm before the knee operation and it was hard for anyone half his age to keep up with him. Last week he had 6 hours of back surgery and his doctor is about $50,000 richer.
Perhaps medical insurers should consider screening proposed spinal surgeries with a TMS panel.

Peregrinus,

We hope to do something like that in the years to come. It is absolutely tragic to consider the number of unnecessary surgeries and procedure that have been done in patients who have/had TMS/PPD.

Together though, we can make huge changes in the way western physicians treat pain syndromes of all types. And we will!

In the meantime, I focus on the following quote:

One Person Can't Change The World,
But We Can Change The World In One Person

Onward
Dr. Z
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000