TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 What I've been working on
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Hillbilly

USA
385 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2012 :  11:08:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thought I would share a grand piece of good news with you.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/9623863/IMFs-epic-plan-to-conjure-away-debt-and-dethrone-bankers.html

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"Failures do what is tension relieving, while winners do what is goal achieving."

Dennis Waitley

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2012 :  12:04:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Hillbilly, we miss your posts. I think they are very helpful. Good to see you back.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2012 :  12:35:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like pie in the sky, devised by college professors. Who's gonna' be in charge of this, George Soros? What's gonna' happen to all the bank employees like tellers, who will now be unemployed at the shuttered banks? Well, maybe they can be replaced by postal employees and Post Offices will morph into banks, DMV offices can also replace the closed banks. You could multi-task, renew your driver's license and deposit your paycheck from the gov back to the gov for safe keeping. Govs have displayed such a fiduciary responsibility and efficiency for the middle class over the centuries. It's called the Chicago Plan huh?, an exemplary town for economic lawmaking, Al Capone's hometown. Their last governor is now in prison for trying to sell senate seats along with a host of their previous governors.

To be perfectly honest Hillilly, I didn't thoroughly read the article and I'm just blowing smoke out my TMS rear--I'm coming from a pure TMS emotional state of subconscious stream of consciousness. I apologize ahead to all those from the windy city that I'm sure I'll be offending with my temporary insanity. My typing hands are in a frenetic kundalini state and I have no control over them like the little girl in the Exorcist.

Go to Top of Page

Hillbilly

USA
385 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2012 :  12:55:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TT,

I'll give you a chance to read the article and educate yourself about debt-based money before I really respond. George Soros and his ilk are the exact reason that this is so important. I'm amazed that your knee jerked to such an antithetical argument to the points of the program.
Go to Top of Page

Hillbilly

USA
385 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2012 :  13:42:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ace,

I'm sorry. I didn't acknowledge your greeting. I don't plan on staying. I think I've written every valuable thought I ever had on the subject on this forum in one piece or another. Not much to add. You have a good handle on this stuff, and the fact that you are a doctor gives you authority in the eyes of this audience.
Go to Top of Page

Peregrinus

250 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2012 :  13:58:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you ever heard of the Weimar Republic? Zimbabwe?
What does printing money have to do with TMS?
Go to Top of Page

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2012 :  15:13:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hillbilly what was the name of your success post if you dont mind-ive heard and read so much about you-ill be lookin into your post shortly-i just know so many people here have mentioned your name a lot-and if you dont mind a few post about the last hurdle would really be appreciative-thanks
Go to Top of Page

Hillbilly

USA
385 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2012 :  15:25:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peregrinus,

Have you ever heard of debt and the slavery it induces? Is being in debt at birth nearly $75,000 per child in the U.S. alone a cause for concern?
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2012 :  16:15:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, we think your thoughts are still very helpful and I think that explaining from a different angle than mine may make someone see it better. Also you may have additional tips that I am not aware of that may help others achieve recovery better or faster (not that we should be monitoring how long it takes). Also I agree that archived posts are helpful, but they do get lost after some time. It maybe helpful to repost a few from the past to bring them to the light for newcomers to see. I think it is very helpful to have a few people floating on this board who have FULLY recovered as to help guide people away from misconceptions. You are really appreciated. There are many that recover and don't care about anyone else but theirselves. They never come back to this board again. I hope I have convinced you to come back periodically.
Go to Top of Page

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2012 :  17:09:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Hillbilly,

I’d hardly call it a grand piece of news! I eagerly read the article looking for a TMS related gem, only to be reminded of just how screwed up our monetary and credit systems are.

Now I’m really depressed this must be TMS. Hey that rhymes; I think I’ll use it in a poem like Mala.

Later you posted about the debt and the slavery it induces, I see the connection, but my opinion is that debt is a personal choice and responsibility. It is usually caused by denial, so is TMS, because our bodies are not being told the truth about why we have pain. You know the psychological reason.

I posted this in another thread about denial.

“Just look at the denial that exists in the credit card Industry. My fellow Americans are flabbergasted when I tell them I have never paid one red cent of Interest, ever!”

So at a personal level we have choices. Suppose everyone made the choice like I did, wouldn’t we have accomplished the same as the article offers by dethroning bankers? I know, I’m daydreaming!

Andy
Past TMS Experience in 2000, with success.
Back on Wiki Edu Program day 15
Charlie Horse on neck for 20 years. (to be evicted later.)
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2012 :  19:20:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Hillbilly, I tried reading it again and it is even more obtuse then my first quick skimming of it. Even the author of the piece says he doesn't understand it and adds a link to another source. I have a college education, own a small business and am baffled by the new-speak language of the article. Only a college economics professor would have the time and historical perspective to support or refute it.

I view banks like any other business, they provide an important service, keeping my money in a safer place then under my bed. I personally like my banker. She sponsored a tennis tournament I attended and in gratitude for doing this I opened an account at her bank. I call that the marketplace.

I don't like anything that demonizes a whole group of people, in this case people who make their livelyhoods working for banks. This article and the revolutionary scheme it espouses is probably on a level with Obamacare, a bill that no one read before signing (except the parts that helps them or their benefactors) and we will yet see the intended and unintended consequences of it. I think Obamacare will break the bank more likely then the bankers will.

I'm glad I have TMS in my medicine cabinet because I doubt the gov will take any more interest in my health then it does now for my personal safety or mental health by creating so many ivory tower inspired rules and regulations that I feel like a lab-rat in a maze, created by some bezerkley social scientist as a pet project.

Cheers

==================================================

DR. SARNO'S 12 DAILY REMINDERS:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0dKBFwGR0g

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

==================================================

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter
======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod

=================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:
John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

Here's a map of TMS practitioners from the old Tarpit Yoga site, (click on the map by state for listings).:
http://www.tarpityoga.com/2007_08_01_archive.html
Go to Top of Page

balto

839 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2012 :  06:59:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hillbilly

Ace,

I'm sorry. I didn't acknowledge your greeting. I don't plan on staying. I think I've written every valuable thought I ever had on the subject on this forum in one piece or another. Not much to add. You have a good handle on this stuff, and the fact that you are a doctor gives you authority in the eyes of this audience.

I think you know more about mindbody diseases than million of doctors out there Hillbilly. I've learned plenty from your posts.

------------------------
No, I don't know everything. I'm just here to share my experience.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2012 :  07:16:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

TT,
... I'm amazed that your knee jerked to such an antithetical argument to the points of the program.

That wasn't me knee jerking, that was my TMS. So Hillbilly, in what way are you "working" on this proposal to have the IMF take control of the world's money supply? Have you found it to be a good distraction from your TMS/anxiety?

cheers,
tt
Go to Top of Page

Hillbilly

USA
385 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2012 :  07:25:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Andy,

We do indeed choose how we live and how much personal debt we incur. But none of us has a choice about the mechanism by which money is created in the first place. That happens at the governmental level, and then again at the local level when loans are taken out. The linked report of the IMF spells out how this works. The fact that the report came from the IMF is indeed big news. It means that the power brokers who created this mess and require that the world pay it seigniorage are beginning to acknowledge that if they make the world its ghetto it might indeed be a dull kingdom over which to reign.

Tom,

Thanks for accusing me of demonizing a group of people and generalizing about all bankers, including the cute little lady at the teller window who cashes your checks. Perhaps you will see the irony in your statements above demonizing all Chicagoans and then later those who disagree with you politically. There are a great many assumptions in your responses. None of them has a single thread of accuracy in them. I'm not politically motivated. Don't belong to a party. Don't worship golden calves. Don't see the point in pointing this out to someone with a sealed mind.

We've all seen you try to chase people from the board who dare express an opinion contrary to yours. Perhaps this is the final step in curing yourself of hip pain. Perhaps you have to entertain a different mode of thought than the ones you operate with currently. Perhaps you can calm down and rationally analyze the situation and realize that it cannot be sustained and is the exact reason why you feel so harassed in your efforts to stay in business and feed the beast concomitantly. Perhaps you will realize after careful study that I am on your side in this struggle. I'm the enemy only of those who want to force me to do that which I find immoral or untenable. The fact that I have two children who have done nothing at all but eat and breath, yet will owe more than a decent year's salary to private banks and foreign investors, at interest, before earning their first dollar troubles me greatly.

It isn't my wish that anyone should be put out of work, nor put out of their homes, nor placed on public assistance. But that is an everyday necessity of the banking industry. I know because I worked in the board room of several for over 20 years. But those rules were not applied to them when their schemes crashed. They get their bonuses and you get the bill. Any irony there?

It also wasn't my wish to get into a professorial discussion of economics on this board. It was more a way to get people to start understanding the mechanism by which the world operates. Unrest and upheaval in the world due to economic strife plays into the collective conscience of everyone who follows world news. Survival fears are at the heart of the troubles faced by many people who visit this board. The "good news" is that it might be so widespread, so obvious, and so calamitous if nothing is done that the discussion of the problem is being undertaken by those who control it.

Edited by - Hillbilly on 10/24/2012 07:32:47
Go to Top of Page

Peregrinus

250 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2012 :  07:44:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hillbilly:
In the USA we are born into slavery: the government has first claim to our lives. In addition, the government is bankrupt. The economy is in the midst of a bond bubble which will soon burst causing the government to print its way out of debt. Holders of bonds will be the losers. Ranting will only result in more TMS. Sell your bonds, borrow money long term and get into the present where you can enjoy the unfolding spectacle.
Go to Top of Page

Hillbilly

USA
385 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2012 :  07:54:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the tips, Pere. I'm aware of the problems and have my strategy in place. Fact is, we don't know what will happen for certain, but we do know that the political process will have to come into play eventually.

And I don't have TMS. I'm not ranting. I'm trying to help people understand that the mechanism by which the "slavery" is enforced is a fiction. If you unmask your demons, they tend to run away.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2012 :  08:12:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Tom,

We've all seen you try to chase people from the board who dare express an opinion contrary to yours. Perhaps this is the final step in curing yourself of hip pain.

Hillbilly, Thanks for investing powers in me greater then the IMF's, this is a public forum, no one can chase anyone away who doesn't want to be chased away. In the interest of fairness why don't you make mention of all the people I've welcomed to the board and steered in the right TMS direction? I think your sampling is skewed.

I responded to an article you posted here that will radically change the world by investing power into an even smaller group of people then already have it now. I read the article you presented, twice now and understand it even less. Maybe you can explain how it will function for the man in the streets. I fear governmental schemes that I don't understand and I don't understand this one. In rebuttal, here's an article by a blogger to Ambrose Evans Pritchard's, that I don't understand any better:

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2012/05/note-to-ambrose-evans-pritchard-at.html

Maybe you can stick around long enough to enlighten us if I haven't driven you off. If you believe in this strongly enough, educate us here. Standing up to jerks like me is a part of the scientific process, defend what you are proposing. For my own two cents on economies, I have read numerous books on market crashes to better understand the down side of investing. All the books agree on two fundamentals of all of histories market crashes from the Dutch tulip crash to 1929:

1) The free money dries up.

2) The government tries to fix it.

Market crashes are a natural part of the economic cycle brought on by irrational exuberance, overspending and under saving. Whoever gets elected will be facing a hell of a mess. In today's case the government understands this and wants to speed it along to bring about the collapse of capitalism which it views as evil. Capitalism to me is the marketplace, you have something to sell and I want to buy it, simple as that. Government is the one who comes between us, pretending it wants to protect me from myself. Gov today no longer protects us--it is the problem, taxing and regulating, driving the cost of everything higher.

On a lighter note, what's your opinion on my hip, is it TMS or should I have my femur and acetabulum amputated and new ones slapped on, I value your opinion Hillbilly.

Regards,
tt

Edited by - tennis tom on 10/24/2012 08:56:58
Go to Top of Page

Back2-It

USA
438 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2012 :  08:23:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Long ago I read some details on the "Chicago Plan", because I am a fan of Irving Fisher -- maybe his only fan.

I learned long ago that credit is the real coin of the realm when running a small business and not cash on hand.

All of the "string pushing" going on now across the world will come to naught.

Alas, stable money and reasonable average economic growth of two to three percent per annum is the dream of all who have lived through the booms and busts; but it is the antipathy of the large bankers and their bedfellows, the politicians.

Very interesting.

"Bridges Freeze Before Roads"
Go to Top of Page

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2012 :  11:31:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I came to this forum in February I saw it as a valuable source for help. At that time I read the forum policy and noted certain categories to avoid. By using this site we are all in agreement to this policy. I see this has turned into a political slugging thread with very little bearing on TMS.

OOPs, I am guilty of participating as well! Must be the TMS denial monkey allowing me to get distracted from my real issues. Bye.

Andy
Past TMS Experience in 2000, with success.
Back on Wiki Edu Program day 15
Charlie Horse on neck for 20 years. (to be evicted later.)
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
Go to Top of Page

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2012 :  19:15:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i thought i was going to get a good reply for help and all i hear is an argument-yea were in debt-accept it-theres nothing we can do to take doun the king so live life anyways-come on guys aint this about tms-right-if owed money is tmsing, then i think not, unless you want it to be. hey do ya got 16 trillion
Go to Top of Page

Hillbilly

USA
385 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2012 :  06:56:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Eric,

Sorry to disappoint you. I actually missed your post. I haven't written a single post that contains every action and thought I used to recover. That would be a book or even two. I've put everything of value I had to offer in responses to threads begun here in one form or another. Perhaps if you have a direct question that hasn't been addressed, ask it here, and I'll do my best.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000