TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Repeating the keys to healing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  07:16:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quote Ace1)- You have to experience the thing that has or is affecting you and reassociate it with good feelings (as if it isnt as bad as you thought or how you made it out to be). This new association, now is taken as the new reality and the patient achieves a state of conflict resolution or relaxation. This is my experience with the people I have helped get better. When I was reading your description above, I felt it was very similar to what I believe. I agree, the person, should try to first see the distressing thing first in order help resolve it and this is not bringing negativity into the picture. The recognition in itself, the insight is sometimes enough to cause relaxation in itself in my experience. However, sometimes somethings in the past in my expereience are not a cause of current distress and thinking of these in my opinion can sometimes be counterproductive.

Eric)- Ace is right here and in all his helps he's right
thanks ace for your over whelming support

Edited by - eric watson on 03/22/2013 07:26:05
Go to Top of Page

gigalos

Netherlands
310 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  10:55:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Ace

I refined the affirmations to fit me personally and got myself walking to the baker today without any problems of disbalance, pain or anxiety.
I translated them to my own language, but here they are in english

1) I am calm, relaxed and patient (anxious, irritated, in a hurry)
2) I am strong, balanced and able to achieve my goal (anxious, down, walking, standing)
3) I forgive and let go easily (angry, irritated)
4) I am the one in control of myself (all of the above)

One thing I feel it does while walking is stop me focussing on how I walk. In all other situations it is probably more subtle and I am calm, relaxed and patient about the effect ;)

thanx for emphasizing the importance of the affirmations
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  12:06:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great job gigalos! Keep it up, I am so proud of you and your progress. Very good directed affirmations of relaxation. Don't ever be discouraged if there are a few bumps along the road because that just goes along with the process of recovery. Keep me posted.
Go to Top of Page

alix

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  12:32:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ace, how do you feel about recorded affirmations that you listen to?
I have your affirmations recorded in MP3 format and could make it available on a file sharing site if you feel there is value.
Go to Top of Page

gigalos

Netherlands
310 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  12:42:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanx ace

@alix : wouldn't it be better for someone to hear his own voice???
Go to Top of Page

alix

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  12:55:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It worked for me. The voice is the Microsoft lady... (the same person that tells you to "exit on the right in 1 mile")
My own voice was too distracting. I kept concentrating on the voice.
Let's see what Ace says.

Edited by - alix on 03/22/2013 13:01:33
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  13:09:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not really sure if your own voice would be better or not. However alix I think it would be helpful if you could share what you have because I think it would be the only way many would be able to have a set of these phrases in a recorded format that could be repeated over and over. I still think the person themselves should repeat it to themselves as I state in the keys and add the listening to the recording as a supplemental excercise when you want to just veg out and have ths repeated in the background or when your sleeping. Thanks guys.
Go to Top of Page

MarkF

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  13:19:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for sharing your "keys", Ace. I've found them very helpful already, in only a week.

A few years ago I had "RSI" - essentially pain in my hands, wrists, and arms - and tried all the traditional treatments without success. In time I came across the idea of TMS, was entirely convinced that's what I had, and used the ideas in the books or Sarno and Amir. I got 90% better in time, but had one lingering symptom. Essentially, my emotional tension is expressed in physical tension in on my right side (in my pect, trap, and other muscles along my right side), which lead to pain in these areas. On a side note, one area where I don't entirely agree with Sarno is the idea that pain of TMS is always caused by oxygen deprivation; I believe it's sometimes caused by unconscious muscle tension in an area of the body.

Off and on I tried again using Sarno's books to work through this remaining symptom, which would sometimes be severe, but I wasn't have good success. I came across this forum and your "keys" and they really take the TMS idea to a new level.

I think the idea of "strain" you present is very profound. One thing I noticed shortly after reading your ideas is that I even express physical strain by tension in the same area of my right side. For example, I would sometimes experience pain in this area when playing guitar; what I've now come to notice is the pain develops when I'm "straining" to playing something difficult, and in turn tense this area of my body. By releasing the strain and playing with ease, the pain either doesn't develop, or is much less.

One slight criticism is that the wording you use is somewhat awkward to me, so I've reworded much of it to sound more natural to my ears. Yes, I'm a perfectionist, but also I found it to resonate with me more when the wording resonated with me. Also, I've written some of my own affirmations, though I do think your affirmations are good and I have used them, or slight variations off of them.

Thanks so much for sharing! Maybe you should consider writing a book on the topic - though be sure to get a good editor ;-)

Kind regards,

Mark

Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  13:42:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks mark, I do really appreciate your feedback. I am always looking for a better way to express what I'm trying to get across. If you have a chance, why don't you share your rewording of the points you thought were confusing. It would help me see maybe where I may not be reaching someone. Thanks and keep up the good work!
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  14:16:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh one more point, beware of the honeymoon phase. This is not a nocebo but something I observed. After doing these keys you might get a really good outcome for a short period of time, but then symptoms sometimes come back like as if you lost your progress, This doesn't mean anything and if you stick with it you will just continue to get better. It just might take a bit longer than you thought. Not everyone goes through this though bc some just get better quick and that's the end of it.

Edited by - Ace1 on 03/22/2013 14:19:18
Go to Top of Page

alix

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  15:13:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very good. I will post the file. It is 45 minutes long and the affirmations are spaced every 10 seconds which I found to be optimal.
One last point. Is there an attorney among us? Maybe pspa? Should I add a preamble to the recording "don't operate heavy machinery etc...". I have no desire to part with my saving's account in case somebody listens to it while operating a bulldozer...

Go to Top of Page

plum

United Kingdom
641 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  15:27:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gigalos, my lovely inspiration, I am using similar affirmations too. Had a really rough patch today and turned to them instead of negative thinking. Then I fell asleep!
Ace1, you know we love you, right? As for feedback, I honestly think a lot of it is tweaking, to particular circumstance or language, the root of what you say is sound. It's the DOING...no, BEING that matters.
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  16:20:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well guys, when I first wrote this, this was not meant to be a literary masterpiece. I wrote it freestyle and just added to what was there as I thought of more points. As long as you understand the points, I don't care to make it flow better. On the other hand, if something is confusing I really don't mind modifying It to help others understand it better. So I would need specfic examples like number such and such. I obviously understand everything because I wrote it, so I need to see exactly what it is you don't understand. I also love feedback on the keys themselves, what works, what doesn't. I did not come up with these overnight, they came from trial and error over a period of time. So if I hear feedback, it doesn't mean that I will change it, but it will clue me in to something, I will think about it and if the feedback makes sense and holds up with my observations, I will modify what I have written.
One more point, if it bothers you that the statements are not to your liking, but you perfectly understand it, I would suggest working on deconditioning yourself to this because the details are not important. This is very likely a trait of easy annoyance that is contributing to your TMS. Good luck and look forward to your responses and feedback.
Go to Top of Page

plum

United Kingdom
641 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  16:59:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ace1, I do hope you didn't read my last comment as criticism. What I meant was that, (speaking personally), I take a key, warm it in my hands and play with it until it fuses with my world. It's a small act of wisdom, and all due credit flows your way.
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  17:24:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No plum, I didn't take it at criticism. Thank you. I was more addressing mark in retrospect. When i reread his post, i got that sense that he wasnt confused, but because it wasnt the best wording it was affecting him mentally. My only point is that I didn't write this to be in the best format. It is just an accumulation of thoughts that are at least organized enough to make sense and get the point across. If it is put in a way that it doesn't make sense, I do need to know. However my only point is that if the wording is understandable but bothersome because it is not in a literary sense, then all I am saying is that tms is in play. Nothing should have to be perfect like that as long as it accomplishes what it's supposed to do. So this is nothing where I'm upset or anything, just trying to explain why it's in the form that it is and that it shouldnt bother one.
Go to Top of Page

alix

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  20:13:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So here is the MP3 file. It alternates both affirmations "I take my time, forgive and let go easily" and "I'm calm relaxed, patient and confident". It runs for 46 minutes. I tested it on my iPod. The voice sounds like your car GPS and is synthetic but for me at least it works well and is not distracting.
I added a short disclaimer at the beginning of the recording and I apologize in advance for it.

http://www.freeuploadsite.com/do.php?id=7055
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  21:15:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Alix, your a very nice guy to do that.
Go to Top of Page

RageSootheRatio

Canada
430 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  18:39:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ace1 on "Acknowledging Negativity":

You cannot fix a strain with another strain.

quote:

It is the failure to see you are negative that is a problem bc you cannot act on it. You are just acting unconsciously. You however cannot force a change as that is more of a strain. You cannot fix a strain with another strain. On the other hand you need to change you thinking on the matter and take steps to not have as an intense reaction to these situations. There is nothing fake about that. Now affirmations help to change your reactions and you are using them only after you have determined the negativity in your life. To help fix the negativity you do give it space and you don't add more fuel. You then diffuse it. No one at least on this board that I'm aware has gotten better by immersing themselves in the negativity and continuing with that behavior... There isn't a one that I helped that didn't do it like I stated above.

Straining any body part to have it try and work beyond its capability in addition to the mental strain is a recipe for disaster.

quote:

Some have advocated that challenging pain and doing everything despite the pain will make the pain go away. This type of approach would have never worked for me. I do things with ease and when in pain try to see my mental strain, it may be obvious and if not I see how intense I'm being about what I'm doing at the time. I also definetly try not to force the affected body part to do better by straining into it more. I try to relax the affected body part as I use it as normal as I can. I used directed mind power to reprogram myself.

Edited by - RageSootheRatio on 04/29/2013 06:24:55
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2013 :  18:34:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Ace!!! Thank you..I am reading and re reading these..And thanks Plum for pointing this out as well..:)
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2013 :  18:44:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your welcome.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: