TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Repeating the keys to healing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2013 :  15:10:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
man look ace your nearing the 10,000 mark
i know your not counting you humble cat
but just like the 1000th, im gonna be the 10,000th too
i hope- you gotta lot of folks really diggin ya work
your a great contributer as much as you can be
and i think that can be is 100%
so im here to thanks you again pal- i didnt think it would go up that fast but when your hearts involved full of compassion thats just the way the ball rolls ...
the law of attraction- 101
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2013 :  17:33:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Eric
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2013 :  15:13:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you want to arrive at your goal more than you want to be doing what you are doing, you become stressed. -- Ekhart Toole (A New Earth)

“Living up to an image that you have of yourself or that
other people have of you is inauthentic living – another unconscious role theego plays.” -- Ekhart Tolle

Edited by - shawnsmith on 03/14/2013 09:03:07
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2013 :  16:02:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very good comment Shawn, I just heard this on the new earth for the first time and I was pleased that he reached the same conclusion as myself independently.
Go to Top of Page

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2013 :  09:25:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
easy does it - thats what gramps used to say
i didnt know what that meant, but i do now....

man aint that cool, im the 9777 view on the 7th page
dont say rabbits feet aint lucky.....

Edited by - eric watson on 03/14/2013 09:53:36
Go to Top of Page

moezzone

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2013 :  12:53:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ace -

Looking for some direction here....I've had back/leg pain for about 1 year. I went through 9 months of doctors, pt, cortisone etc until I read Dr Sarno's Healing Back Pain book about a month ago. I also did one on one lectures w/ dr rashbaum, a certified partner of Dr Sarno. I accept that there's nothing physically wrong with me. I also understand that the more tense and nervous I get about the pain, the stronger it is. However, as I'm trying to "think psychological", the pain persists and doesn't go away. In the moment, I try and tell myself that the pain is in my mind, due to repressed thoughts and there's nothing wrong with me, but the pain wont leave.

My therapist says that my body is sending me pain because there's some part of me that wants the attention. I'm trying to notice those moments and become more aware of it, but i'm not sure what to think of while the pain comes. FYI...The pain comes everything I stand up or walk.

Just not sure what to do once the pain comes, what should I be thinking?
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2013 :  16:02:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Affirmations and cut the rushing to do everything. Telling me you get it when you stand up and walk tells me your always in a rush to do something. Mo please follow my keys to healing in particular look at key #10 and #17. Because you live in this society, so I'm sure #14 and 15 apply to you. I really do not have more to add than whats on those keys, but if there is any thing you don't understand please ask.
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2013 :  16:13:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by moezzone

My therapist says that my body is sending me pain because there's some part of me that wants the attention.

That's just the kind of comments from therapists which demonstrates to me that many of them don't have a clue what they are talking about and that they are just giving their cockeyed opinions which is of zero value to anyone.

other people have of you is inauthentic living – another unconscious role the ego plays.” -- Ekhart Tolle
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2013 :  16:57:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by moezzone

Just not sure what to do once the pain comes, what should I be thinking?

Look at the Rahe-Holmes list of life stressing situations that create TMS "dis-ease" and pick out the ones that apply to you. Also Dr. Sarno's daily reminders.

G'luck,
tt

P.S. I interpret what your therapist was saying to you about your pain was similar to TMS, that the pain is psychosomatic.
==================================================

DR. SARNO'S 12 DAILY REMINDERS:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0dKBFwGR0g

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Edited by - tennis tom on 03/14/2013 17:06:10
Go to Top of Page

Barbara Carroll

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  05:09:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

I read these posts every day and appreciate them so much. I am trying everything but my pain and weakness remain.

How do I fight the fear that it will never go?

How do u stop the worry and preoccupation with being in pain and being debilitated?

I can only type with one finger so my posts r short.

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  06:09:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The affirmations, nonstop, use the ones I used
Go to Top of Page

plum

United Kingdom
641 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  06:50:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Barbara Carroll

Hi

I read these posts every day and appreciate them so much. I am trying everything but my pain and weakness remain.

How do I fight the fear that it will never go?

How do u stop the worry and preoccupation with being in pain and being debilitated?

I can only type with one finger so my posts r short.

Barbara

Barbara,

A lot of people here, myself included, find the words of Claire Weekes to be very, very soothing in terms of fear. I'll also bump the relevant Ace of the Day for you as it contains the affirmations Ace1 recommends.
Go to Top of Page

Barbara Carroll

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  10:45:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ace where are the affirmations u used?

Thank u

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

plum

United Kingdom
641 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  10:51:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Barbara, look at Ace of the Day - Day 10.
I bumped it for you. The affirmations are in the blue at the top.
Go to Top of Page

moezzone

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  11:34:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ace -

Thanks for your response. I am the type of person that's always in a rush.

I understand #10. I need to change my bad/negative thoughts to positive by using the affirmations provided. Doing it before bedtime is sort of like meditation which makes sense.

#17 is a bit more confusing to me though. I'm not sure what you mean by "observe the strain". I'm unclear as to what the "strain" actually is.

quote:
Originally posted by Ace1

Affirmations and cut the rushing to do everything. Telling me you get it when you stand up and walk tells me your always in a rush to do something. Mo please follow my keys to healing in particular look at key #10 and #17. Because you live in this society, so I'm sure #14 and 15 apply to you. I really do not have more to add than whats on those keys, but if there is any thing you don't understand please ask.

Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  11:36:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The overall generally hyped up feeling, mostly mental, but also physical too
Go to Top of Page

moezzone

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  11:46:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The panic in the moment?

quote:
Originally posted by Ace1

The overall generally hyped up feeling, mostly mental, but also physical too

Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  13:06:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's not that obvious, it's just a revved up state of mind. Kind of like you might feel trying to catch a light that's about to turn red. It takes a lot of practice to see it and then prevent it from happening.
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2013 :  09:02:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Words of encouragement from Claire Weekes, MD

Part 1

http://www.junior-anxiety-depression-exchange.org.uk/media/relaxation2/How-To-Recover1.mp3

Part 2

http://www.junior-anxiety-depression-exchange.org.uk/media/relaxation2/How-To-Recover2.mp3

Part 3

http://www.junior-anxiety-depression-exchange.org.uk/media/relaxation2/How-To-Recover3.mp3

Part 4

http://www.junior-anxiety-depression-exchange.org.uk/media/relaxation2/How-To-Recover4.mp3

other people have of you is inauthentic living – another unconscious role the ego plays.” -- Ekhart Tolle
Go to Top of Page

RageSootheRatio

Canada
430 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2013 :  08:03:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow, Ace, this (what you said on Dr James' thread 'How do you work with it') below, spoke to me differently than other ways you've worded things and so I wanted to post it here on your "keys" thread because I thought it was so important to understanding your thinking (hope that's OK):

quote:

You have to experience the thing that has or is affecting you and reassociate it with good feelings (as if it isnt as bad as you thought or how you made it out to be). This new association, now is taken as the new reality and the patient achieves a state of conflict resolution or relaxation. This is my experience with the people I have helped get better. When I was reading your description above, I felt it was very similar to what I believe. I agree, the person, should try to first see the distressing thing first in order help resolve it and this is not bringing negativity into the picture. The recognition in itself, the insight is sometimes enough to cause relaxation in itself in my experience. However, sometimes somethings in the past in my expereience are not a cause of current distress and thinking of these in my opinion can sometimes be counterproductive.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000