TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Repeating the keys to healing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2012 :  18:45:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"makes you lose your ability to see that your emotionally uncomfortable

you mean that you are ("you're") emotionally uncomfortable

otherwise you need a noun after uncomfortable...

oh, forget it!

The healing points are very helpful xx

Love is the answer, whatever the question
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2012 :  08:21:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wavy Soul

otherwise you need a noun after uncomfortable...

oh, forget it!

The healing points are very helpful xx

Love is the answer, whatever the question

Yes Katie, best to let go of it, it's a bad idea to argue with doctors--even if you are an EDITOR. Wondering where you' been? Up to Shasta for the aural eclipse or Vegas for the opening of the Cosmo hotel?

Welcome back and happy turkey or whatever you limeys celebrate--Boxer Shorts Day? You'll were probably happy to get rid of us puritanical gringos, agitating and causing TMS stress for the monarchy--sorry about stealing Becham and the spice girl--but you guys got even with the invention of kidney pie.

Cheers Darling
Go to Top of Page

balto

839 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2012 :  08:40:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tennis tom

Wondering where you' been?

you' been?

I flunked English 101 in college 3 times.
Coming here my tms knowledge improved but my English skill is going down.

------------------------
No, I don't know everything. I'm just here to share my experience.
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2012 :  08:49:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh i was looking at the 1st "your" in the sentence, not the second, I'll change it. Funny when you are focused on one part, you tend to ignore the rest. Bryan was the first person to bring this up (not that its that important), but he was right

Edited by - Ace1 on 11/21/2012 08:54:39
Go to Top of Page

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2012 :  10:21:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1)try to be aware of your internal reactions-Ace1.

step 1 -this is being aware of internal reactions that might be giving you tension or making you angered-or something will be noticed about your personality that you might accept or change.

when i notice the internal reaction i accept that i caught it-go over it-accept that i cant or will change this thought and move on-

this is correct right ace?

Edited by - eric watson on 11/27/2012 20:15:16
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2012 :  17:31:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What it means is look at the internal tension building up or how you may strain inside to something happening externally
Go to Top of Page

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2012 :  08:53:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks-internal from the external,awareness to acceptance..

Edited by - eric watson on 11/29/2012 07:21:10
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2012 :  16:35:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I'm done making this list. It will probably just fade away unless its archived somewhere. I don't want to presume it is helpful to everyone so I will let the people of the forum decide on how to use it, if at all
Go to Top of Page

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2012 :  20:38:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ace1

I think I'm done making this list. It will probably just fade away unless its archived somewhere. I don't want to presume it is helpful to everyone so I will let the people of the forum decide on how to use it, if at all

ace your keys to healing r awesome-im always referring back to them -and i always get something new each time-this is one of the most read threads here-keep em coming ace,you mean the world to all of us on tms help and im sure your patients r baffled at the knowledge you have and the healings they receive-if your keys were a hundred and twenty i would master them all to your credit my friend-and no im not just using my goodist side-i mean it my friend-i go in and put dots all the time just to see your post back to the top.you keep at it ace,and im sure soon enough ,to all will come-we understand how hard it was for sarno ,and so with you,
the main point is the people that you have helped ,and the ones to be helped in the future,and ace (i forgive and let go easily is on a post it note in my right hip pocket-i read it everyday-although ive memorized it by now-i still have so much more to learn from you

Edited by - eric watson on 12/15/2012 20:52:22
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2012 :  11:37:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
God bless you Eric. Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. It actually all started with the words of Jesus Christ and for Him to put me in the position to help others - that was one of my prayers from when I was young and it came true through my own suffering. You are doing a very good job on this forum keep it up but always be aware of not putting too much pressure on yourself.
Go to Top of Page

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2012 :  11:46:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ace1

God bless you Eric. Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. It actually all started with the words of Jesus Christ and for Him to put me in the position to help others - that was one of my prayers from when I was young and it came true through my own suffering. You are doing a very good job on this forum keep it up but always be aware of not putting too much pressure on yourself.

ace thank you ,and as i wrote and told you ,you saw something i didnt and it helped me-it changed my perception so i could move forth without the chains of traits-this forum is built on people like you that really care about curing this epidemic called tms-not many people can say they were taught from sarno one on one-but you can,and others see what i see when it comes to your keys to healing-
thank you ace for all you have done to help us here at tms help

Edited by - eric watson on 12/16/2012 12:13:43
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2012 :  13:19:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I changed number 14 bc it seems to help some. It seems that the avoidance of the symptoms is the biggest problem not the attension to them. I know mala had a post on this before and I didnt really respond to it properly. I do see how this could be helpful and this is why I put it here.
Go to Top of Page

balto

839 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2012 :  20:44:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ace, You may want to cut and paste this to your successful story post. I'm sure future reader would very much appreciate it.

You have cleared up a lots of questions I used to have for a long time. thanks.

------------------------
No, I don't know everything. I'm just here to share my experience.
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2012 :  09:46:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks balto, thats a good Idea, ill do it. Im glad that this list was helpful to you
Go to Top of Page

Cookie

9 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2012 :  10:42:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ace. I just wanted to personally thank you for putting together this list. I've really been struggling for a long time with sciatica pain and reading this list a few times this morning has really struck a chord with me. I'm a professional chef in NYC and my entire life revolves around perfection, speed, and efficiency. I knew and understood my anal perfectionistic tendencies, but I never gave much thought to the speed and efficiency aspect of it. Every task I do is tied into how fast I can do it with the highest quality result just so I can move onto the next item. Numbers 12, 13, and 14 on your list personified some things that I hadn't thought about and something clicked. It's almost like walking the same block each day just to get somewhere, but never taking the time to stop and smell the roses. I'm going to read this again a few more times, but I just wanted to give you an internet high five, because this took a lot of thought and effort. It's much appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2012 :  12:04:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your welcome cookie
Go to Top of Page

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2012 :  07:44:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ace i just want to say thank you for all you have done for
us here at tms help,you have educated me highly and without that education id still be stumbling-see it takes different sources
for some people -you seem to be a great source here and most definatly a great source for me-i attribute my healing to you,steveo
sarno,and the tms help family
i just wanted to say merry christmas ace-you didnt have to be here
helping -but you did-and that counts tons....
god bless you ace ...

Edited by - eric watson on 01/01/2013 06:05:21
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2012 :  19:42:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much Eric for your kind post I'm glad I was helpful to you and others which is why I'm on this board. Merry Christmas to you too.
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2013 :  08:03:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was looking at number 9 on this list and the affirmations where you say to yourself: "I take my time, forgive and let go easily" and "I'm calm relaxed, patient and confident". I also really like "i am easy on myself".

It is difficult for me to say such things to myself because 1) I don't forgive easily and I hold a lot of resentment towards a host of people. By default, I assume a person is a prick unless they demonstrate otherwise. 2) I am far from being a calm relaxed, patient and confident person and if you knew me you would affirm the same thing. I am very uptight, worry constantly, very impatient and am filled with incredible amounts of low self-esteem. 3) Finally, I am not easy on myself at all but very self critical. Even my wife talks about how I put myself down all the time. I have a running narrative that I am a total failure in life.

As for number 10 on the list, my life and thinking are constantly filled with negativity. Given that I suffer from depression, this is not surprising. I cannot tell you how many people I have driven away as a result of this.

So for me to make such affirmations would be a real challenge as internally I don't believe them to be true regarding the person that I am. Yes, I am a walking text book case of a person who gets TMS. My personal biography can be read in Dr Sarno's books.

Edited by - shawnsmith on 01/06/2013 08:06:56
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2013 :  08:28:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Shawn I understand what your saying. Don't worry, the way this works is by saying it despite it not being true, it changes the way you react. It some how reprograms your mind. Don't force yourself to believe the affirmations, just try to imagine what it might feel like to be that way as you say them. Use affirmations as tools to help you achieve your goal of patience and forgiveness. If you want to read more about how this works get mind power into the 21st century by John Kehoe. It's an easy read and is worth your time. I think we found the reason of why your stuck. Just trust me on this one, but remember this will probably take a while for you but it will work. You will make slow but steady progress. I have all the faith in you, you are very intelligent and you will quickly see that this is the right track. Please let me know if you have any more questions
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000