TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 return of pain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marrhemp

1 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2005 :  18:13:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went through back pain 15 years ago. Read Dr. Sarno's book and very quickly became pain-free! Pain returned this past summer during a very difficult period in my life. This time, though, I can't seem to break this pain cycle despite reading Dr. Sarno's books and others,watching his videos, journaling, using relaxation tapes, etc. My pain doesn't keep me from activities, but it is with me every day and some days I just can't stand it and become very frustrated. Any suggestions? Thanks!

iyusaf

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2005 :  23:18:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your story sounds very much like mine. I had a disabling flare-up last year after almost a decade of being pain free. The pain dissolved after I got back to basics --

1. Rule out any structural problems
2. Focus on emotional work

Go to Top of Page

n/a

374 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2005 :  05:38:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your pain returned during a very difficult period in your life after fifteen years - that certainly sounds like TMS. If these difficulties are still causing problems for you that might be why it is difficult for you to break the cycle, marrhemp. Even if they have resolved by now, something so recent will surely still be preying on your mind.

Posting here about your progress/set backs might do the trick. Fifteen years ago, presumably, you dealt with it successfully on your own - a bit of support and ideas from people who know exactly what you are talking about could just help break the pain/frustration cycle you describe this time.

Best wishes

Anne

Edited by - n/a on 01/11/2005 05:41:15
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000