TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 No pain in my body ,but......
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Baseball65

USA
734 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2005 :  09:00:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys.

I was "let go" from a job yesterday.......or maybe I "let go"

I had been supposedly going into a "partnership" with another contractor....we would be partners after I helped him wrap up a few jobs,being only an employee until the "new" jobs started.

So....3 months later,I'm still his employee,and he's giving me crap about how I was doing something(he likes to work fast and sloppy...I'm a TMSer...I work as fast as I can and still do a PERFECT job)...he never complained about my results,or the time it took..just the way I did things.....

The second to last day before the Holidays,he was really sick.....I thought I'd surprise him,and stayed late at work one day to get waaaaaay ahead on this one job,so he didn't feel so pressured.

The next day,rather than praise,he skewered me for doing things so meticulously......he wanted it all just slapped up and done....I thought he wanted it to LOOK good.

We had quite a row......I brought up the fact that we were supposed to be developing a partnership....he said that THAT was no longer the plan,and he was going to TEACH me how to do things his way.I declined his offer,and recomended he fire me....I can't work for someone who does work that sloppy,and is that dishonest(cheating the client)

Funny...I had just received a BONUS from the General contractor we were working for,as he had LOVED my work ethic and my professionalism.

..ahhhh... TMS has made me the frankest,most candid SOB you could ever Imagine.

So now,instead of my back hurting,or getting bronchitis...I'm depressed and hurt.I feel cheated and angry....I have mixed feelings....Narcissism V. Low self esteem...I want him to call me back to work begging for my help(not going to happen)...yet,I want to start my own Company and put HIM out of work(might happen...but scary!)

anyways....just thougt I'd have a good vent...I got this down on paper,but I thought I'd share how I keep my back from NOT hurting.....there is some emotional pain involved.

hurtingly and angrily yours

Baseball65

Baseball65

Michele

249 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2005 :  11:29:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well that is awful. However, you stood up for yourself and to me, that is awesome. I have a problem doing that for myself. You are a strong person, and I suspect things will be even better than you expect. It's too bad you have to go through this crap first though.

I am also getting some job flak, and lawyers can be very clever.

Hang in there!!
Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
655 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2005 :  11:32:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Baseball65,

Good for you for "letting go." It sounds like you really needed to be away from that guy. I truly believe that when one door closes another one opens and that everything happens for a reason. Something good will come out of this and you will most likely end up putting that creep out of business. Good ridance to him, right? Keep on venting and keeping yourself symptom free.

By the way, my husband quit his job of 20 years last week. He went in one of the days that he knew the top boss wouldn't be there (the man who hired him 20 years ago). He felt he didn't owe him anything, since this boss has told him for so long "I'm not your boss anymore. You report to my son." My husband gave his "son" his resignation, feeling he owed the boss nothing. Last night my husband said "Gee, I wonder if I should call him. I really thought he would have called me but he must be really mad that I quit." I truly hope he does not waste another second letting this occupy his mind. He now has a new job with a much greater potential for earning and I think he needs to put the past behind him and never look back. He gave it his all, he did the very best he could do there, and yet he was always unappreciated and was always being knocked down. Just be glad you are outta there!

Good luck in your future endeavors!

Laura
Go to Top of Page

Baseball65

USA
734 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2005 :  11:57:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Laura and Michele.

I kind of feel the same way and had a discussion with my best "intuition/spiritual" buddy last night.He actually was a little scared of my Damn the torpedoes attitude.

He actually got me the "job" in the first place,but conceded that the guy is a dishonest,sloppy dillitante.....and not very bright on top of that....gets his jobs with his "good 'ol boy" connections.I've seen him lie right in a clients face......I can't support that type of ethic no matter how secure the money is.

I'm in debt up to my ears,I need to work just to float,but I'm aware of the terror.....I just know that God senses when we're ready for change,or growth.I've been working the few connections I have,but I've been here before,and god has never dropped me on my head.....I've had to learn a lot of lessons,but it's always turned out better than I planned when I let go.......but I must confess: I'm scared.You guys are the only ones who I feel could understand.

My friends philosophy was "wait until you have a better situation and THEN leave".....I believe that if you don't leave first,you're sending out the message that that is where you are OK in the universe.

Thanks for listening

when you try and steal second,you risk the safety of first.

Baseball65
Go to Top of Page

Sara

66 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2005 :  12:57:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Baseball 65,

Your employer sounds like a horse's ass. I say good riddance and good for you for quitting a bad situation. Maybe it is just what you need to start up your own business. Maybe the contractor who loved your work could help in some way by referring you or connecting you with others with similar work ethics.

My husband really dislikes his profession. But, he worries about not being able to provide for us, so he just continues on. He is the smartest guy I know and is talented in a variety of ways. Ideally he would work for himself and be his own boss. We talk about it all of the time and I completely support him. I often wish he would just quit and take the plunge. Status quo is not good enough. Life is too short.

So I applaud you and your courage. I believe being out of a bad situation helps you evaluate your own situation and take charge of your future. Best of luck, I am sure you will come out on top.
Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
655 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2005 :  13:04:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good thing you did what you needed to do and didn't listen to your friend on this. I'm with you; if you don't take the leap, how will you ever know what could have been in your life. When you are stuck in something that is just not working for you, not matter what the circumstances are, I say get out and find something better. I've always told my husband that if he would just quit that awful job and put it out there into the universe that he is looking for something better, then something better will come along. Somehow, some way, it always works out. It's like there are no accidents in life. Everything happens for a reason and you will see, things will work out the way they are supposed to for you. Again, best of luck and don't look back!

Laura
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2005 :  20:56:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good job Baseball65. You did the right thing. I admire your guts. Your boss couldn't stand being shown up by you. When he realized you weren't going to play ball, (his way), and be a crook like him, your becoming a partner didn't have a chance. You know you will be better off and your TMS will be better for doing the right thing. Doing the right thing always disolves TMS. You'll find a better job that will hopefully be in a fun and supportive environment. People like you are always in demand. Word of mouth is the best way to get work.

Don't waste any energy on your old boss - he's not worth it. Think positive thoughts. Don't waste energy on "getting even" thoughts.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000