TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Origin of Low Self Esteem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

inaned

Bulgaria
28 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  02:36:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, everyone,

There’s something worth sharing with you.

I’m still having residual pain from my recent relapse of sciatica, but I’ll tell you this. I read Monte Hueftle’’s book “The Master Practice”. It was the ONLY place I found good enough definitions of the emotions blamed for the existence of TMS and how exactly these emotions get repressed every day. I my opinion it all can be narrowed down to two major issues – low self esteem (generating fear for one’s own life) and resisting the present (resulting in anger, perfectionism). In fact, it is down to one – low self worth. Then I got really curious why most people, not just the ones that eventually develop TMS, on a subconscious level think so bad of themselves. I went to discuss this specific question with an expert psychologist.

Her answer was very intriguing. Humans, compared to all other living creatures, have the longest dependency period. We are completely helpless and dependent for our physical survival for almost 5 years after birth. Yet, from a very young age, sometimes as early as 12 months, we are burdened with expectations. Babies are expected to make their first steps around 12 months of age, and if they don’t, what a worry this is for the parents! We are expected to learn how to speak somewhere between 18 and 24 month of age. If this does not happen, again parents panic and this is directly felt by the kids (If people knew Einstein uttered his first words when he was 4 years old…and was labeled retarded). We are being exposed to expectations of what’s normal and what’s not and fears that something’s wrong or terribly wrong since our very first breath! We are being measured, labeled, tagged, named and moulded. We are being made believe we are not perfect if we do not fit the moulds and this belief evolves as we grow and get exposed to more expectations and social interactions. People are merely denied their God given right to develop naturally and freely, with their own pace.

How about that? Well, no matter what the explanation, if people could genuinely understand they are perfect the way they are, that it’s OK to trust everything happens for the best, life would be much less stressful and somehow the fear generated by low self esteem will disintegrate. No fear, no pain.

I have a friend who suffered a major spinal trauma. He’s in a wheel chair now, but is feeling just fine. He’s not unhappy. Every time he goes to the bathroom and sees the floor tiles in the corner, he sais “You see, this tile is not perfect, it’s a piece of something that was once perfect, but hell how could one finish the corner without it? “ There’s so much wisdom in his words. No matter how you think of yourselves, you have your exact and perfect place in the larger picture! It is such a relief to know this.

Just a few words of gratitude for all the people that spoke to me in a language I was able to understand. Dr. Sarno to begin with, Dr. Schubiner, Monte Hueftle, and of course all you guys posting in this forum. I think it is really important to share our experiences and insights, because we speak and understand different languages (don’t take me literally here). Each view point may turn out to be the key for someone who still can’t figure it out.

Be well!

Ina

Edited by - inaned on 07/31/2009 02:38:55

JimmyP

1 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  09:01:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Ina from the bottom of my heart! Your words have reached me at a deep level where the hundreds of books and audio programs and spiritual paths, paths, etc ad infinitum couldn't. It's like you are speaking directly to me. The last few days, I have realized all my difficulties since childhood have come from an unconscious feeling of not being enough and unloveable.

After reading your message, I feel healing can begin.

Thank you.Thank you. Thank you.

Jimmy Piver
www.HereToBeClear.com

P.S. Thank you all for helping me to get clear.

Go to Top of Page

Capn Spanky

112 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  11:45:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great post! Once again by visiting the TMS-Help forum I am rewared with another jewel.
Go to Top of Page

inaned

Bulgaria
28 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  13:47:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to thank you! Yesterday, after my visit to the psychologist, I made a wish. I am aware of Dr. Sarno's statistics on how many people can truly accept the non-structural diagnosis. Only 10-15%. What a shame. Moreover, out of them many like myself do get stuck and experience relapses from time to time. I got real help here, so I thought it would be great to be able to help someone realize what they are really dealing with here, to "spread the word", so to say...

You've just made my wish come true!

Be well!

Yours, Ina

Edited by - inaned on 07/31/2009 13:53:23
Go to Top of Page

skizzik

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  15:59:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good post inaned!
Go to Top of Page

inaned

Bulgaria
28 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  12:55:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am so relieved! What I've written above and what I read in "What to say when you talk to yourself" match 100 %. I began the self-talk of the sort "I don't care about this any longer. I'm not so sensitive to pain. I have no fear. " And it all went away! Then my whole body became kind of itchy. "I feel no itch anywhere" - repeated 100 times, and I'm fine. All this said with calm and absolute belief that I am at my right place and that all will be OK.

It works. Full stop.

If you have a plane, fly it, don't use it as a scooter.

Edited by - inaned on 08/02/2009 12:56:16
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000