TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 ibuprofen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chester

49 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  09:48:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sleeping remains difficult for me. My left back/butt will alternate different kinds of pain, such as nerve, muscle, and tension knots. I usually fall asleep okay, but will inevitably wake up a few hours later in a lot of discomfort and have difficulty falling back asleep.

However, I’ve noticed that if I take just one 4-6 hour ibuprofen (I avoid acetaminophen, since I have had liver enzyme issues in the past), I will not only sleep fine for 8 hours, but also feel fine for a few hours after I’m up and around. I’m not complaining about the pain relief, but isn’t it odd that one OTC pill works for so long – especially one aimed at inflammation, which according to Sarno isn’t even at play?

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  13:04:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Placebo effect could be playing a LARGE role here.

--
It's not 100% belief that's required, but 100% commitment.
Go to Top of Page

chester

49 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  13:33:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by armchairlinguist

Placebo effect could be playing a LARGE role here.

I guess. But isn't it odd that the placebo effect would work longer and better than the actual remedy is supposed to?

I'm trying to take it as another confirmation that the pain is not structural. If it were, it would return a lot sooner when the pill wore off, correct?
Go to Top of Page

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  13:46:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, I don't think it's odd at all. I think it's as you say, good confirmation that whatever is going on is not structural.

--
It's not 100% belief that's required, but 100% commitment.
Go to Top of Page

DrGUID

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2008 :  04:41:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also find Ibuprofen helps me sleep, as does asprin or a nightcap of spirits . I think it is due to all of them helping the mind to relax.

Try eating liquorish a couple of times of week as well (the good stuff like Panda, not allsorts ) as it seems to be a good tonic for the nervous system.

Also, I'm not a medical doctor, but waking up in the night may be indicative of a low blood sugar level issue.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000