TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 What tribe to you belong too?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Monte

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2004 :  08:32:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This can be very good to know, becasue it will greatly influence how fast you heal. As many of you know, I know that you can heal completely from this disorder. How do I know? I've experienced it now for 3+ years. Yet, many, unfortunately, tell you that you must
learn to live with tms, that it will forever be a part of your life... Well, that is a belief, a belief of a person who is in pain and has not healed...So remember that you have a choice on how you choose to heal and If you choose to heal. Some would rather remain
a part of a "tribe" than break away from that "tribe" and heal.

RP: You've expressed that the people who are most likely to respond to the medical model are people who function from the tribal mind.

CM: That's correct. When you are part of the tribal mind, you heal at the tribal speed. If the tribe decides cancer can't be healed because that's what they've discovered, when you're plugged into that perception, you have agreed to experience the illness as the tribe tells you, and also the outcome as the tribe views it should be. If the tribe says, "Very few people heal," then you are going to plug yourself into the perception that says, "Instead of healing being ordinary—it's rare."

When you're plugged into a tribal belief system and then decide to try energetic medicine like acupuncture, past-life regression, herbs, whatever, they won't help, because your energetic body is connected to the tribal belief pattern which says, "No, you need chemical medicine, and maybe you'll make it, but most people don't." When you are plugged into that perception, you are going to need all the chemical and medical help you can get.

Energetic medicine is not for people who hold tribal fears in a deep way. This is a toilet-water level of tribal beliefs. We have three versions of reality to choose from. We can have a toilet-water version, what I call my first column, [chakras one—three], a cologne version which is my second column, [chakras four—seven], or a perfume version, my third column [chakras eight—ten]. It's all the same thing, it's just a matter of the strength. What version of this truth do you want? In the toilet-water version, you've agreed to experience God and everything at toilet-water speed.

Everyone of us is plugged into the tribal mind. Don't think that just because you may now be in the process of leaving it, you're not part of it. We all subject others to tribal laws. And we get miffed if anyone tries to alter the pace at which we and our group are doing things.

Susie

USA
319 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2004 :  08:56:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very interesting post,Monte. So are we hindering each others healing by continuing to discuss our reoccuring symptoms,therefore validating the belief that none of us totally heal?
Go to Top of Page

JohnD

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2004 :  09:31:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice Article
Go to Top of Page

Baseball65

USA
734 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2004 :  16:17:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See,I knew being a totally reclusive anti-establishment loner would come in handy one day.My whole life..if they said "white" I said:"but what about black? and then there's grey! and chartreuse!
I was raised Unitarian/Universalist and our bumper stickers used to say:
"TO QUESTION IS THE ANSWER"..I was Primed for TMS theory.

Sarno/Mindbody syndrome appeals to logic and requires little if any faith.I had no forums or anybody to appeal to during my rapid recovery,and now that I've found this forum,I feel like I can be of service to people who might struggle with a portion.The only TRIBE I knew of was the conventional medical establishment....I didn't know if I was the 100th or the 1,000,000th person healing following Mindbody principles...I just new that the TRIBE hadn't healed anyone.

BTW I "recovered" in about 3-4 weeks,though I had episodes,always diminishing,for about oh..uh...3 years.I averaged about a weeks worth of "episode" days a year...that's 98% recovered...pretty cocksure that I can use the word recoverED.TMS isn't something I live with just as I don't live in the 5th grade,but it wasn't over in a day...it's all part of a learning process.I haven't had pain in years.I've discovered other areas of my health it's applied to and grown....

SUSIE..I don't think talking about it on the forum is counterproductive,as long as we take the information we receive and do the work...and it is work,and apply the logic/anti-logic to our individual lives.You are not prolonging the symptoms as long as you see them as part of the self discovery process.

As a matter of fact,amongst my friends who also recovered (not in recovery,like AA) some of them also got stuck at certain phases of the transition.This forum,and any other conversation about it wouldn't fall under the tribal category.We don't interact,only get a 2 dimensional viewpoint of our comrades,and have had as vast an array of recoveries as there are people on this board.

But Ms Myss(I made a pun) has made some quite profound observations....they too are a part of the learning process...everything is when we open our eyes!

great observation and insight

Baseball65
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000