TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Status Report On Myself
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

la_kevin

USA
351 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  00:06:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Edited for privacy issue and personal info.

Edited by - la_kevin on 04/18/2011 03:26:43

skizzik

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  04:17:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by la_kevin

I have is this feeling like I'm "poisoned" or something. I feel in a brain fog and dizzy or something.

me too, my blood work was normal twice. I call it going into a slump. I'm hoping to look back 6mos from now and understand why it was happening to me. It has gotten much better over the last 7 mos however.
Go to Top of Page

Baseball65

USA
734 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  06:29:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's excellent. I expect your prospects for a full and complete recovery are 100% plus.

A lot of men have trouble with getting into those places emotionally under ANY circumstances because we have been programmed by our environment,friends,fathers,etc to never ever cry no matter what.

I discovered early on that every time I could bring myself to cry it was like a literal 'weight' off of my back. During my recovery the first time through, when it used to be about back pain, I would go to my Fathers Grave in East L.A. a LOT. Everytime I went I would sit and just talk to him. It is was perhaps one of the most important pieces of my recovery.

Everytime I left, I could literally feel the TMS leaving with each body wracking sob.

I live out in Nashville know and more than once during a little 'hiccup' of a new mini-symptom , have wished I could visit with him.

There is a certain song I know of that can make me cry on a dime. Also, I know of a film that can do the same. They both remind me strongly of my Father. I make sure that No ones around and than let it all out....works wonders.

Being a weight lifting,Tattooed,long haired, 'tough guy' makes it hard to rectify the episodes with my exterior, though it feels perfectly normal to me (BTW... I don't think I'm a tough guy....other people tell me I look scary )

We've had strings about crying before, and I think most of us recovered people would agree it's right up there with Gestalt therapy as a superhero TMS-melter.

You will get un-poisoned very shortly

-right on

bb65
Go to Top of Page

skizzik

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  04:23:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kev, I just realized you were the guy w/ the major problems a couple mos ago.

I can tell from your writing youre improving. Nice work. did staying away from the board a bit noticeably help?

did you mention that Shecter says to stay away from these boards for a bit while recuperating? You or someone says he states it on his website, do you know where?

Edited by - skizzik on 09/12/2007 04:31:29
Go to Top of Page

la_kevin

USA
351 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  11:25:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Edited for privacy issue and personal info.

Edited by - la_kevin on 04/18/2011 03:27:13
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000