TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Cameback From The Doc.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kalo

USA
142 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  15:53:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, before anyone says anything I am feeling alittle relieved as my pain has subside to a degree. Here is what my Doc. said.

My joints aren't swollen or red and that he's going to check me for gout because of where my pain is is on the big joint near my hand. Though it's not swollen and that a good sign that is not rheumatoid...

On the other hand he said that I could have minor osteoarthritis which he said is not big deal...I will have to get my X-ray tomorrow..

Then we discussed my depression issue and that fact that I can't sleep for nothing and he gave me some lunesta to help...He said when a person can't sleep well it can exberate depression and pain.

The more I am typing this the more I am starting to believe I am totally on the TMS spectrum....

Thanks for all your help and I just pray that everything comes back normal and continue so that I can continue to fight this TMS...

kalo

USA
142 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  17:04:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your right shawnsmith,

That is why I am praying everything in my lab and X-ray comeback okay...As this will make TMS easier to heal..

Thanks again!
Go to Top of Page

Webdan65

USA
182 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  18:07:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Personally - despite a wicked resurgence of TMS pain, I wouldn't let myself be convinced to go to the doctors. My wife, sister and mother were all telling me I should really go when I couldn't get off the floor.

I was confident that for me (maybe not for everyone) - but for me, I didn't want to know what any imaging studies showed. The symptoms were too similar to what I had 8 years ago that I wouldn't learn anything new. Just my way of handling it.

By the way - the past couple days I would give myself an A- if you were following my other thread of reporting our results.

Dan

Edited by - Webdan65 on 08/13/2007 20:25:42
Go to Top of Page

skizzik

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  18:29:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shawnsmith

the Sarno code.

I smell a movie script
Go to Top of Page

mikescott_98

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  07:30:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
That is why I am praying everything in my lab and X-ray comeback okay...As this will make TMS easier to heal..

Even if an x-ray shows "a normal abnormality", I would still the cause of the pain is TMS and you should do as Shawn says.
quote:
Try to disregard this and keep to the Sarno code.
Go to Top of Page

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  08:42:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kalo

What you are doing is ruling out a serious disease or pathological finding.

Osteoarthritis is not something to be concerned about, nor is inflammation or even minor tears of a tendon or ligament (which doesn't show on an X-ray anyway).

If you have a certain point of view, getting a checkup can help ease your mind, as long as you are wary of typical diagnoses made by doctors when they really can't find anything else.
Go to Top of Page

kalo

USA
142 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  10:36:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, thanks Dave and Shawnsmith! And to everyone else who have replied to my post.

What Dave and shawnsmith have pointed out is true...The mind is a powerful thing and once someone believes a docs. diagnosis of osteo or other things that can really play a mind trick.

Thanks again as I will be review my sarno mindbody book!!!
Go to Top of Page

h2oskier25

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  11:04:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shawnsmith

Drug companies and the doctor whores who work for these phrama-pimps know this and prey on the insecurities of others. I hold such people in contempt.

I couldn't agree more. And the FDA for being in the Pharma's back pocket.
Go to Top of Page

mizlorinj

USA
490 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  14:07:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Before I learned about Dr. Sarno, I had xrays and then an MRI. When the MRI results came in w/ large herniated disc, my pain got much worse! I was scared to death. I remember when the doc called me I felt a sweat come over my whole body I was so terrified.
Dealt with the pain a few weeks, and the doc's useless treatment plans of steriods and phys therapy. What a waste of time and $$ and poison to my body. At one point was threatened by my guy that he was taking me to the E.R. and I said NO NO NO!!!
Thank God I read Sarno's books and saw myself clearly. Pain got a little better. Met Dr. Sarno a few days later, got TMS diagnosis, was better in 2 weeks after intense journaling. I did attend a lecture and one forum. But that was it.
This works.
I wish I had not had the MRI. It helped nothing and I did not need to know I had a herniated disc and degenerative disc disease.
If pain does return, I am not seeking medical treatment. My brain is in control!!!
-Lori
Go to Top of Page

kalo

USA
142 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  15:09:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well mizlorinj,

You also come up with excellent reply as well, but a part of me doesn't want an X-ray either. My mind isn't strong at this moement and if they did find some kind of osteoarthritis it might be harder to deal with the TMS diagnosis.

But, like my doc. say arithritis just doesn't come on suddenly and he also said that the joint that was bothering DOESN'T look swollen, red or heated. So, I am sure this is just TMS...

Go to Top of Page

Webdan65

USA
182 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  16:56:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MizLori - thanks for pointing out the "INTENSE JOURNALING". For me, the commitment to do the journaling is what recently took me over the top. In the first couple weeks of dealing with the resurgence of pain, I was half on and half off with the journal. Doing it consistently really made a difference for me.

Take away: If you are struggling with getting rid of your pain and not doing "intense journaling"....Start!

Worked for me.

Dan

Edited by - Webdan65 on 08/14/2007 17:24:32
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000