TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Trying to be active again....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JaniceG

25 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  17:11:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been following Sarno's program for about 3 weeks now and doing relatively well,no major spasm attack for over a week and mostly good days with just some pain. Today I decided to try to sweep the kitchen floor. It didn't seem like a big deal at the time, but an hour later I started to have acute spasm in my back and shoulder. Luckily I know what it is at this point and took a painkiller and rested until it passed after about 6 hours. How soon until I should try again? I have been walking for 5 minute strecthes for the past week with no pain, but I just can't seem to use my right arm without the spasm coming back.

JaniceG

sensei adam rostocki

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  18:02:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Janice, The newer you are to TMS and treatment, the more you should take it SLOW and STEADY. The more confidence you gain as a result of your small improvements will assist you in taking bigger steps forward. These larger steps will allow you to overcome the fear progressively and hopefully without major set backs or fear. If you follow this process and try to improve SOME everyday…you are sure to make it to a cure. Best – Sensei

CURE-BACK-PAIN(dot)ORG
Go to Top of Page

JaniceG

25 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  08:55:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks - the setbacks are really terrifying. Today I am really sore and swollen and nervous because I have an appointment later with a neurologist. So I'm sure all this fear I am having is not helping me any. I'll try to take it easy and read my Sarno books. Thanks again for the emotional support.

JaniceG
Go to Top of Page

h2oskier25

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  14:38:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JaniceG

It didn't seem like a big deal at the time, but an hour later I started to have acute spasm in my back and shoulder.

Janice, this is classic TMS. An hour later?!?! That's not a real injury.

Keep in mind, that TMS causes us to "rest", and our muscles get a bit atrophied. A lot of pain comes from weakness, and you absolutely shouldn't and can't be afraid to strengthen a muscle through activity.

Sweep the floor again as soon as it needs it.

Beth
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000