TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Brain Symptoms
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

2scoops

USA
386 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  19:44:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not one to focis or talk about my symptoms, but I have been experiencing brain fog, and a tightness in my head. It has me concerned. If anyone has completely recovered, has this happened to you? It's been hard for me to ignore.

skizzik

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  20:44:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
afraid youre gonna have to go into more symptoms here, could you be more detailed? Fog/tightness I think we could all relate to.
Go to Top of Page

2scoops

USA
386 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  07:14:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I was having a good amount of pressure in my head, making it very difficult for me to think and concentrate. At times it felt like a real tight band across my head, if that makes any sense. I have a hard time describing these feeling sometimes. I've also even felt like electric impules, and tingling.
Go to Top of Page

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  08:46:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See a doctor and rule out anything serious.
Go to Top of Page

Gemma_Louise

United Kingdom
68 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  12:37:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It could simply be tension headache as that is described as feeling like a tight band around the head. As Dave said though, you really need to check this out with a doctor.
Go to Top of Page

skizzik

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  18:54:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went to the doc for headaches a couple years ago. He gave me some migraine meds as a sample. Said take these when you feel them coming on (I guess it's too late when they happen). I never did, because w/ migraines, or tension headaches came on so quick it was always to late. But he also told me to keep a journal. That suprised me. So I did, naturally I was very stressed, and then I wrote ahhhhh..friday, no work this weekend, no headache today. He read that and said yup there you go. And we talked about stress for a bit. I never really had headaches after that. I was afraid of a tumor sure, because it was more than just headaches, a lot of weird shooting sharp pains (perhaps similar to your "electric impulses") which he just shrugged and said symptoms of a migraine.
So I said when do you send someone for a scan? And he said if the pain moves your'e most likely o.k. In the case of cancer, thats more of a fixed pain thats in the same spot. At the same time, tumors can be painless too, my uncle had a huge bacterial growth (size of a lime)(I think they traced it to a dental visit) that he had no idea about till one of his eyes went sideways..
He had it removed and is fine now..Anyways, should you worry? I don't think so...should you get it checked out like Dave suggested..of course..keep us posted.

Edited by - skizzik on 07/03/2007 18:57:57
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000