TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

swmr1

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  13:41:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to say "hello". Brand new to the TMS diagnosis. About 3 weeks ago I came across Sarno's books online. I had suspected that at least part of my chronic piriformis pain was caused by some kind of "mindgame" and after reading "Healing Back Pain" I quit all of my newest Physical Therapy exercises and have been pain free. I am amazed. My shoulder (which was diagnosed with impingement problems 5 years ago) also seems to be less pain-prone. I am back in the pool swimming a little more each time. I also have had chronic foot pain for the last 2 years or so and am working on convincing myself that can be TMS.

Anyway, I'm excited to have found some relief. I had been thinking that my body was rebelling against a very active and athletic lifestyle all these years and that these many issues were my fault for being too hard on my body. Now I'm rethinking that...

sensei adam rostocki

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  15:19:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome to the board. It sounds like you have already learned a lot in a short amount of time. Keep up the good work and make sure to apply Dr. Sarno's approach to that shoulder... - Sensei

CURE-BACK-PAIN(dot)ORG
Go to Top of Page

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  08:49:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome! Congratulations on your quick improvement.

There will be lots of posts you can search for and read about foot problems being TMS. I had foot problems secondary to RSI as a TMS manifestation. They stuck around 18 months but rapidly went away once I learned about TMS.

Strangely this is the symptom that most frequently "twinges", meaning I experience it for a short period of time at random times or times when I've been walking a lot. I think my brain is aware that it's easy to see the feet as being overloaded. It always goes away within a few minutes or hours of reminding myself it's TMS.

--
Wherever you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page

Gemma_Louise

United Kingdom
68 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  12:51:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there. Thanks for the post. It's always good to read something positive like this. Hope you continue to experience success and enjoy your life.
Go to Top of Page

swmr1

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2007 :  09:30:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the nice replies. Think my foot issue may be my hardest to deal with but I'm learning a lot here...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000