TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Question regarding Acute Back Pain Attacks
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wurstsalat

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2007 :  06:31:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi again,

As some of you might have read in my other thread I have been healed of back pain for about a month after reading Sarnos book but I had a severe acute attack about 5 days ago, worse than ever before and am trying to recover from it now.

Out of curiousity, considering that an acute attack causes the muscles to go into spasm for a considerable amount of time, is there a posibility that what I am feeling at the moment is actually just muscle pain and a general sore/tired feeling in the area, could it be that this just physically (sorry for using that word again) will require a few days to get better, like TMS went so severe for a day or two that now that I dealt with it and it is gone I am still feeling the aftermath of the spasms? Maybe comparable to exercising too much, just being sore?

Any opinions?

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2007 :  09:17:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, this is true. TMS symptoms are very real. The muscle spasms can be more painful than anything else you have ever experienced. The muscle will take time to "heal" from the spasm and return to normal. Residual soreness should be expected.

It's important to just not focus on the pain. Ignore it as best you can and go about your life, including resuming normal physical activity.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000