TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 FAO Dave
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

UK james

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2007 :  16:13:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave,

I think that the role you play here as moderator of the board is 1st class. However, I have been thinking, why do we not allow certain types of advertising on this site from which the revenue could be put towards furthering the tms cause.

Surely with the no of visitors this site attracts, a decent price could be dictated for advertising space. This money could then be used to make Sarno more mainstream. Sarno is over 80 yrs old and we need to market his work to the world. This site is a tremendous vehicle to do this but why not utilise the no of visitors to attract investment that could then be put back into tms research for e.g.

Any thoughts?

James

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2007 :  09:29:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have resisted advertising because I prefer this forum remain an impartial, neutral place for TMS-related discussion. I am not a fan of websites that lure you with content but have a hidden motive to sell something or generate advertising revenue. There are also precious few resources to advertise, in the health care world, that are consistent with TMS. Do a search for "back pain" on Google and you'll see what I mean.

That said, I'm not totally opposed to the idea if I could host advertisements that are not contradictory to the TMS approach, and use part of the revenue to fund TMS research. I'm not so interested in "spreading the word" as much as finding ways for TMS to be more widely accepted as a medical diagnosis and not dismissed as quackery simply because it cannot be proven in a lab.
Go to Top of Page

UK james

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2007 :  09:46:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was just a thought I had after reading that Facebook.com can command $125m per yr in advertising revenue (it just tends to use non-threatening banner ads which don't detract from the site at all) Obviously, this is in a different league usage wise but is still staggering nonetheless. It would be interesting to see what tmshelp could generate.

Any potential advertisements would certainly only have to be for things that in no way contradicted tms theory. I don't know what the demographics of this site are but in the UK companies such as BMW, Virgin, SKY Television etc etc are very active in terms of online advertising. Any money that this brought in could somehow go towards helping the tms cause. I am sure you are better qualified to say how that could happen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000