TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 The Work and Byron Katie...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Paul

134 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  15:46:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If any of you have not read any of Byron Katie's books or seen some of her videos, I HIGHLY recommend them. Her approach, a four question method, called The Work is fantastic and can really help eliminate a lot of stress and anxiety we TMSers have.

Her method really cuts to the chase and to the reality of "what is" versus our thoughts which only cause us to suffer.

Two books I would highly recommend are:

1. Loving What Is
2. A Thousands Names For Joy

I just wanted to share this with all of you. Reading the #2 book above has really helped me.

Take care!
Paul

justme

63 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  21:27:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI Paul-

my husband constantly suggests to me that i should read byron katie's work. thanks for the reminder

justme
Go to Top of Page

spacegirl74

Italy
27 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  05:11:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Paul,
I'm actually reading 'Lovin what is'. I came to a halt at the moment, because I have resistances doing the first excersise, but I will do it soon.
In the meantime, I started 'The Feeling Good Handbook', which seems quite helpful so far.
Go to Top of Page

Paul

134 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  08:18:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will be honest, her latest book, "A Thousand Names for Joy" has really helped me change my life. It has made me realize that we can live out of two things...

One...our thoughts

Two...our REALITY

When you don't argue with reality, you don't suffer. When we attach to our "stories" of "what should be" in our minds, all that does is lead to suffering, sadness, anxiety, lonelines...you name it.

When our expectations DON'T match with reality (which they rarely do) we suffer.

The key is acceptance and understanding that WHATEVER is happening our life is the absolute best thing for us at that moment...no matter what the situation is.

I'm starting to do The Work on my life and live it in full acceptance and my anxiety levels and pain have dropped big time.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000