TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Possible TMS?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JVR

1 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2004 :  22:48:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Everyone,
I just read Dr. Sarno's book, "The Mindbody Prescription" and still have a few questions I was hoping someone could help me answer. I have a condition which has been diagnosed as Interstitial Cystitis...painful urination and burning in my bladder. (I'm hoping someone is familiar with this...) I've been told via examination that my pelvic floor muscles are not the cause of my pain. I also began to devolop some joint achiness in my toes, knees, and fingers about three months after giving birth to my daughter. Saw the rheumatologist and it's not RA. Any chance these condtions could still be TMS? There is a lot of info on the back and TMS, but my conditions are not the typical ones that are mentioned. Unless I missed something in his book, I really didn't see much on joint issues....Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Jill

smbrost2001

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2017 :  12:34:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jill, what was the result of the painful urination? curious what hindsight will be. i'm dealing with it now. i've been through so many tms symptoms, so i'm suspicious. but i'm ruling other things out because it is new to me. thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Fox

USA
496 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2018 :  16:42:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Absolutely could be a mind body problem. Read "A Headache in the Pelvis" by Wise and Anderson. It's largely congruent with TMS theory. Extremely helpful book for me.
Go to Top of Page

Fox

USA
496 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2018 :  13:57:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To clarify, the book I recommended only addresses your first concern, interstitial cystitis, and other pelvic pain disorders, and not your second concern, joint aches.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000