TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 pain worse with exercise
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

meluveitie

23 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2018 :  17:17:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I'm still somewhat new to grasping all of this TMS stuff, and I thought that continuing physical activity and telling yourself you have TMS was supposed to help with breaking the pain belief cycle. I had some aching arch pain in my left foot since I got a tattoo six weeks ago, and yesterday I decided to go to the gym and do my normal treadmill running, trying to tell myself there's nothing really wrong with me feet. Well, today both of my feet are in excruciating, burning pain -- Tylenol won't even touch it. I'm worried now that something is actually wrong, like I have a stress fracture or CRPS or something. Any thoughts?

altherunner

Canada
511 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2018 :  20:44:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi - have you had anything stressful happen in the last while?
Sometimes journaling helps, you can relate the painful days to other things going on. I run quite a bit - I can suggest one physical thing that did help me, I switched from landing on my heel to landing on my fore foot. Takes a while to get used to, but I don't get even regular muscle soreness like I used to. I have had fractures in my feet, they weren't really painful though, I went to a clinic as my foot was blue and swollen, there was really no treatment for it. Get checked out if you are worried though, for peace of mind.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000