TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Possible TMS?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JVR Posted - 10/20/2004 : 22:48:05
Hello Everyone,
I just read Dr. Sarno's book, "The Mindbody Prescription" and still have a few questions I was hoping someone could help me answer. I have a condition which has been diagnosed as Interstitial Cystitis...painful urination and burning in my bladder. (I'm hoping someone is familiar with this...) I've been told via examination that my pelvic floor muscles are not the cause of my pain. I also began to devolop some joint achiness in my toes, knees, and fingers about three months after giving birth to my daughter. Saw the rheumatologist and it's not RA. Any chance these condtions could still be TMS? There is a lot of info on the back and TMS, but my conditions are not the typical ones that are mentioned. Unless I missed something in his book, I really didn't see much on joint issues....Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Jill
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fox Posted - 01/06/2018 : 13:57:24
To clarify, the book I recommended only addresses your first concern, interstitial cystitis, and other pelvic pain disorders, and not your second concern, joint aches.
Fox Posted - 01/03/2018 : 16:42:51
Absolutely could be a mind body problem. Read "A Headache in the Pelvis" by Wise and Anderson. It's largely congruent with TMS theory. Extremely helpful book for me.
smbrost2001 Posted - 12/31/2017 : 12:34:06
Jill, what was the result of the painful urination? curious what hindsight will be. i'm dealing with it now. i've been through so many tms symptoms, so i'm suspicious. but i'm ruling other things out because it is new to me. thanks!

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000