TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Pyschologist question.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

miehnesor

USA
430 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  18:20:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Suz

Anyway, I went to talk to my current psychologist today. We talked about Sarno and I brought her the Divided Mind book to look at. The book states that the kind of therapy needed is Insight therapy - diving into all the childhood stuff. This is exactly what my therapist does. So I am wondering if it would be fine to stay with her. She understands exactly what I am looking for. She said that her therapy would probably not be as aggressive as the previous one. With the previous one, I had terrible anxiety - I imagine that is just another distraction my brain created.

Suz- I've been successful in therapy precisely because i've learned how to trigger my own panic attack which lets me have access to the rage. So the fact that you have anxiety may be a good thing. It just means you are getting closer to the anger/rage that is lurking underneath. The important thing is to push into the pain and do so at your own pace.

Good luck with your decision. Either way I think you will make good progress on your symptoms.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000