TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Is vomiting TMS related?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Penny

USA
364 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  16:55:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone here have vomiting spells and attribute them to TMS? It seems that when I get with my parents I often end up in the bathroom in the middle of the night, vomiting. I look back over the last 10 years of my life and can recount many times that I was ill, when others were not. I thought I had food poisoning, but no one else got it although they ate same food.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.
>|< Penny

>|< Penny
Non illigitamus carborundum.

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  19:13:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Without making any conclusion with regards to your situation, as that would be impossible here, it is common for some people who get upset our nervous in some way to develop an sickening feeling in the stomach and end up vomiting. You may have some issues with your parents that you are repressing.

Sarno-ize it!
Go to Top of Page

2scoops

USA
386 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  10:08:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Penny, I do the same exact thing, but not with my parents, it's when I get a girlfriend and now, at my new job. I have to do presentations, so I get that way, plus at my new job, they reccomend abortions, and as part of my presentation, I'm suppossed to let new volunteers know that we use all resources and that includes abortion clinics, and if they diagree then they shouldn't volunteer there. Well, I disagree, and that goes against what I stand for. I know that job is not right for me, and that I need to find something else, but the thought of even going back makes me sick to my stomach.
Go to Top of Page

Curiosity18

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  17:17:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Penny,
although I had never actually vomited during tense situations, I have often felt quite queasy and noxious just prior to a dreaded interaction with someone. It's like they just can't "stomach" them. I wonder if this is what's happening with your parents.

2scoops
Please- do yourself a favor and get out of that job! It's obviously not for you, and don't think that your volunteers and perspective clients can't sense your opposition. Perhaps that's what you want. In any case it's really not fair for anyone that you stay in a situation that you don't believe in. I'll bet your stomach will thank you!

Curiosity
Go to Top of Page

2scoops

USA
386 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  10:57:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm doing my best, unfortunately, I have bills to pay and I need to eat. I just finished my degree up Friday and have been sending out my resume, and trying to network myself.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  13:18:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fear of public speaking is number one on most lists of what stresses people out. It is universal just like TMS. Doesn't have to be so. Just google "fear of public speaking" and there are many solutions to this stress creator.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000