TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Toothache TMS?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

greenelvis

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  15:37:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had my tooth worked on, a temporary crown, which I know can be sensitive, but all of a sudden, Saturday, after 6 pain free days. My tooth started to ache. And hasn't stopped.

Do you think this could be another manifestation of TMS? My back doesn't hurt at all. It seems that the onset of pain took place while visiting my parents--which could kick the unconscious rage level up.

Also, it seems like the whole side of my mouth aches, though the one tooth is especially sensitive.

Not sure what to do. Just trying to ignore it at this point. Wondered if anyone else had ever experienced tooth pain as TMS?

GE.

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  15:49:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes - I have just been through the mother of all TMS tooth experiences.

Do a search on dental or dentist and you'll find recent threads about all this.

I was just telling someone today that in addition to my recent experience, I think that the 8 root canals I had to have 15 years ago were probably TMS. You just have to take painkillers and do the work and gradually it gets better.

xx

Love is the answer, whatever the question
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  16:58:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For TMS, the location of the pain does not matter. You name the body part and TMS can manifest itself there. Is there not one of those "epidemics" of sensitive teeth taking place currently? Read this thread on how these epidemics start:

http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3172

Sarno-ize it!
Go to Top of Page

cfhunter

119 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  19:32:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just went through 2 root canals in Nov. 06 ( add christmas and a two year old birthday party to that and you get Stress, anxiety and DEBT)...4 scripts and 5 visits to the endo. and 4 visits to the dentist later I FINALLY got my crowns put on 4 months later. The teeth were too sensitive to put permanent crowns on.
TMS? I absolutely think so.
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  19:43:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a root canal once. Took 3 visits to finish one tooth. Ouch. Not much later after that "cleared up" my full TMS symptoms started.

Sarno-ize it!
Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  01:32:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The ironic thing, when I think about it, was that when I had my first dental disaster epic about 16 years ago, it was because I was having all my mercury taken out. Why? Because it was the latest theory to explain my TMS which I thought of as Chronic Fatigue (well, it was!).

So I had all the mercury out, which cost me much of my savings. then one tooth after another started going into agonizing pain, and dying, and I had to have one root canal after another. This made me completely broke.

When I think of the sagas I have been through! And also I see other people going through them.

ay ay ay

Love is the answer, whatever the question
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000