TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Agression?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Redsandro

Netherlands
217 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  13:53:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once every hundred million years or so, I find out a new aspect I highly suspect of adding to my TMS gauge.

I recently - this didn't occur for years - found myself getting aggressive at minor frustrations. For example, I was wiring an electrical device the other day, stripping the outer isolation of wires... when cutting too much, thus exposing the inner cable, I had to use a cutting-plyer (don't know the word) which was too blunt so I had to use a hammer on the plyer which I didn't have so I aggressively used and bruised my hand and threw away the piece as if I tried to throw it at light speed.. you know, that kind of stuff. Recognize that?

The thing is, I remember being very very aggressive like this in periods in my childhood. It involved breaking stuff and hurting myself. (Not scarring, just hurting.) It became less and less when I grew older and I learned 'adults' weren't as charmed.. much later I became sort of totally relaxed about stuff, and I think about a year later I developed RSI.

My unconscious is right - this kind of behaviour is unacceptable in current sociëty. What should I do? I know it doesn't make sense. But if this repression is really related to TMS, I have to do something. Has anyone been through the same? It might sound kind of childish to you, but I mean at a serious level? How did/do you handle it?

ndb

209 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  14:12:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Redsandro

Once every hundred million years or so, I find out a new aspect I highly suspect of adding to my TMS gauge.

I recently - this didn't occur for years - found myself getting aggressive at minor frustrations. For example, I was wiring an electrical device the other day, stripping the outer isolation of wires... when cutting too much, thus exposing the inner cable, I had to use a cutting-plyer (don't know the word) which was too blunt so I had to use a hammer on the plyer which I didn't have so I aggressively used and bruised my hand and threw away the piece as if I tried to throw it at light speed.. you know, that kind of stuff. Recognize that?

The thing is, I remember being very very aggressive like this in periods in my childhood. It involved breaking stuff and hurting myself. (Not scarring, just hurting.) It became less and less when I grew older and I learned 'adults' weren't as charmed.. much later I became sort of totally relaxed about stuff, and I think about a year later I developed RSI.

My unconscious is right - this kind of behaviour is unacceptable in current sociëty. What should I do? I know it doesn't make sense. But if this repression is really related to TMS, I have to do something. Has anyone been through the same? It might sound kind of childish to you, but I mean at a serious level? How did/do you handle it?

I can REALLY identify with this...the breaking stuff, hurting myself. Same with me...I did it until I was 22, living with my fiancee, especially while his sister was staying with us. Then I stopped, because he didn't like it that I expressed my dislike of her, her annoying habits, and his refusal to like me more than her by tearing my hair and beating my head on the carpet. I was going through TMS foot pain and back pain after that. Nowadays, when I feel like that (e.g. throwing my dish of food because I got late at taekwondo and was very hungry and it wasn't heated properly), I try to let it out by screaming and yelling, and letting myself feel the frustration. I tend to punch my fist/ the couch and yell F************CKKK really loud till I am hoarse! Most important is to let yourself *feel* the emotion, and think about why you are *really* frustrated, usually it is rage from something else which you take out on incidents like this. Nowadays, I also just let myself sit quietly and feel miserable for a while, and at the end of it, I realize its not so bad to feel miserable, and one doesn't have to be so scared of feeling those emotions.

Edited by - ndb on 01/12/2007 17:21:29
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000