TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Struggling
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Minda

6 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  09:30:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All. I have been struggling with TMS since Sept 2006. Ive read all the books and then some. I was journaling for a while. I get better and then the pain comes back again, and even has been moving around. How do you know if you have figured out what you were repressing? I cant seem to get it and it is frustrating. Any advice??

Jeff

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  12:52:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You might consider seeing a therapist, if you can afford it. In effect, the Sarno treatment approach is to psychoanalyze yourself on a daily or at least regular basis. Well, none of us are trained at that, and none of us can really be objective about ourselves. How do we know that we have identified the real causes of our anger, etc.? But the important thing is perseverance. You can't give up. Sometimes these things take a while, and progress is quite uneven. Recovery is never as linear as we would like it to be.

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  17:10:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You don't have to necessarily get to the root of your psychological issues, you just have to understand that the TMS process exists and that psycholgical/emotional pain can cause psychosomatic physical pain. In fact if the issues are too traumatic it may be counter-productive to dig too deeply-let lying dogs rest.

Read Dr. Sarno's latest book, THE DIVIDED MIND, the chapters on psychology explain this stuff very thoroughly.

Good luck,
tt
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000