TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 lupus
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NW Julie

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  16:47:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have there been any posts re: tms and lupus symptoms? i was just diagnosed with pleurisy with no obvious underlying condition. it was suggested that i could have an autoimmune disorder like lupus which is of course a terrifying thought. i was just curious to know if anyone else had experienced pleurisy symptoms and had success dealing with it using tms methods.

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  20:25:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I personally know a lady who was 100% diagnosed with lupus with all the symptoms, and she suffered greatly. She urnestly prayed to God and she 100% completely recovered.
Go to Top of Page

NW Julie

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  21:16:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for that. autoimmune disorders are so nebulous and can leave people fraught with anxiety about what symptom is to come next. even the diagnosis is questionable as it is a combination of so many symptoms and ailments. having had a long battle with tms back pain and for the most part won, i feel armed and ready but, as we all do, could use some support in keeping myself in check. no coincidence i recently had a permanent break with my mother (one of only two surviving blood relatives). even acknowledging rage on a certain level isn't sufficient. you really have to go there emotionally and it can take some time. thanks for any other posts re: chest pain, pleurisy, hiatal hernia, ibs - all listed as possible sources for my (current) pain.
Go to Top of Page

Nor

152 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  22:54:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NW Julie,
Stay focused. If you beat back pain once before w/TMS approaches, you know you're capable of doing it again. I see it as indicative that you developed these symptoms surrounding the break off w/your mother.

My husband was diagnosed w/a rare autoimmune disorder 2 years ago. He's been following Sarno's approach w/ meditation and therapy and feels much better. We are convinced that mindbody approaches are helpful - even if you do have a "real" (i.e., officially diagnosed w/testing to validate) disorder - it can have its origins TMS.

Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  05:44:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"...it was suggested that i could have an autoimmune disorder like lupus which is of course a terrifying thought."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

It sounds like your doctor(s) are on a fishing expedition to find a "disease" to wrap your symptoms around. Along the way they are instilling a powerful nocebo effect into your psyche. I would suggest you do a search in Sarno's books of the term "auto-immune" and see what he says.

I don't know much about pleurisy except that it has something to do with the lungs filling with liquid. If your docs think it may be auto-immune because they cannot dx it specifically, it seems than it could as well be TMS. You can keep going to doctors until one correctly dx's a legitimate origin or read Sarno and "cure" it yourself. Or you can persue both approaches concurrently, which is what I would do if I didn't know for sure what was wrong with me.

Good Luck,
tt
from Fort Myers, Florida
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000