TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 GERD and TMS?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Orangecrush

1 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  08:29:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a lot of information on back pain and TMS and while I was diagnosed three years with a sciatica problem, which cleared up with exercise. My real problem is a throat problem where I spend much of my day clearing my throat. Most of the time I don't even know I am doing it. This happens after meals especially when sugar is included. The MD diagnosed me with GERD (acid reflux) and put me on the "purple pill" and all was well for about a year. Now my throat is constantly irritated while still taking the pill and I have developed a soreness in my arm joints.

Could this be TMS?

Jeff

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  12:48:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I think it could be TMS. You hear often about people with various forms of GI Tract distress, and then they have a colonoscopy, after which all symptoms disappear. That actually happened to me, and just confirmed that my symptoms were TMS. Having said that, however, my GI Tract symptoms were quite real. They weren't just in my head. I continue taking Prilosec even today. Just because a symptom is TMS doesn't mean you shouldn't take something for it, especially if there is a risk that you could be injuring your esophagus, etc. But recognize that all you are doing is treating the symptoms, not the underlying cause. Your GI Tract problems won't go away until your TMS is resolved. Just my two cents.

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Jeff

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  13:47:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What vitamins?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: