TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Kids and TMS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Penny

USA
364 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  12:58:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems my children (ages 5 and 4) pick up EVERY single germ and virus floating at school--nasty cold germs with fevers ... yuck yuck yuckie! We don't use those hand sanitizer things--the idea of using a lotion with an EPA-registered pesticide (Triclosan)in it concerns me MORE than the germs themselves! but we do frequently wash our hands with good ole soap and water. Anyone have any input on TMS and germ-illnesses in young children and notice a correlation worthy of sharing? I'm sick of them being sick! (cliche' but heartfelt).

Do you guys think that kids repress and that leads to their bodies hosting a germ-based illness? I believe this, but am not sure how to prevent it. I've noticed that when my hubby and I are stressed or spend less time with them, they are more likely to get sick.

Also, for kids, what have parents here told your kids about TMS and what means to them as they age and learn to repress? Curious about this.

Thanks all!

>|< Penny
Non illigitamus carborundum.

Edited by - Penny on 11/14/2006 13:08:15

Scottydog

United Kingdom
330 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  17:17:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I suspect that children do develop TMS like problems, possibly to get attention.

My eldest daughter had/has beautiful red hair, when she was little people often admired it. Her sister, 16 months younger, had mousy poker straight hair. I never praised one over the other but the younger had a sensitive scalp and hated having her hair brushed, it caused a great fuss every morning and I had to be really gentle with the hairbrush. When I mentioned it recently (they are now in their twenties) my younger daughter looked surprised, she couldn't remember her scalp "problem" - I suspect that she developed it to make sure her hair got some attention too!

Anne
Go to Top of Page

holly

USA
243 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  17:24:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
all children when young pick up everything in the book! As they get older (about after age 8) they seem to have more restiance.
Go to Top of Page

Stryder

686 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  21:58:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When your kids get a bit older this won't happen so much. Also, once you start getting more sleep your immune system will have more success. I can say that your immune system takes a beating during the sleep deprived years. Take care, -Stryder

Edited by - Stryder on 11/14/2006 21:59:40
Go to Top of Page

MikeJ

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2006 :  02:44:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I've noticed that when my hubby and I are stressed or spend less time with them, they are more likely to get sick.

Penny, I thought of this video when I read this. I think it partially answers your question! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQtpRjBLXic
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000